One of CIOs' biggest concerns about the infrastructure-as-a-service model has been the loss of control over assets and management that enterprises might experience upon moving into a multi-tenant environment. While analysts and early adopters of infr...
The servers are back up and users can once again check in on Foursquare and ask questions on Quora, but the legacy of last week's Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) outage will live on and provide important lessons for businesses as they look to cl...
The race for the cloud is on and Apple could beat Google to it. According to a Reuters report Google's unannounced cloud music service is said to be stalling, while Apple is already talking with labels ahead of release, fuelling speculation that Appl...
The outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service has shone a light on the number of Websites that use the service, which allows companies to hire computing power inexpensively on Amazon's systems.
For CIOs who distrust most technological promises (having heard too many of them), cloud computing sets off alarm bells. Yet those CIOs finding success in the cloud say their colleagues should be equally skeptical of IT managers who claim they can de...
RIMs BlackBerry has been steadily losing share in the smart phone market, but RIM hopes it could use the cloud computing space to offer something new and exciting like it did when it came out with its then-revolutionary push e-mail service over a dec...
One of the world's most venerable IT manufacturers is flying into the cloud. The new boss of Hewlett-Packard, Leo Apotheker, has announced that HP intends to compete with Google and Amazon, both of which dominate the nascent cloud services field. Acc...
As more sourcing executives consider incorporating SaaS solutions into their overall technology vendor landscape, the potential to significantly disrupt the current software market grows. And while SaaS adoption is expected to expand in the coming ye...
Courtesy of a software developer friend, I had a chance over the weekend to play with the Mac OS X 10.7 preview release. As with previous versions, I felt that Apple is spending a lot of time solving problems people don't have. You can now quickly re...
Web surfers tired of waiting for the official release of hardware featuring Google's Chrome OS now have a browser-based alternative right at their fingertips: Splashtop Linux 1.0, a downloadable instant-on operating system tailored to life in the clo...
Apple said earlier this week that it will hold an event on March 2 in San Francisco, with all signs pointing to an iPad 2 unveiling. This lit up the blogosphere with predictions about what might be in the iPad 2, whether or not Steve Jobs will be pre...
Ata Amiri asked if using two separate backup program will interfere with incremental backups.
An intriguing report on German news site Heise.de on Monday unveiled a cheap monitor that includes built-in PC functionality. The Acer DX241H is an otherwise standard 1920x1080 pixel HDMI monitor, but it also features an operating system running on t...
As with buying insurance or taking vitamins, committing to data backup is a hard sell. Everyone knows that storing records safely in more than one place protects the health of a business, but many companies fail to establish backup systems that will ...
The IT mantra for the past few years has been all about the cloud, and the myriad benefits of cloud-based servers and storage. While there are some advantages, there are also some serious drawbacks that you should consider carefully before entrusting...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Lenovo's new workstation is indeed 'Tiny' but packs a punch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetezza DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- CCKnowledge/CSI ManagerACT
- FTPL/ SQL developerOther
- TPDigital ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- CCFront End Developer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC