Rackspace Cloud has launched an application for developers that allows them to monitor their servers from the newly released iPad. CloudPro enables users to turn on backups for a server, create new servers, manage scheduling, and re-boot or delete se...
Cloud computing users are shifting their focus from what the cloud offers to what it lacks. What it offers is clear, such as the ability to rapidly scale and provision, but the list of what it is missing seems to be growing by the day.
Next month, Microsoft will release Office 2010 into an IT world that Google has been reshaping as use of its Google Apps services spread to places like the City of Los Angeles and Genentech.
I recently surveyed the vendor, analyst and trade-show landscape seeking to get a snapshot of current thinking about cloud computing . I came away with two visceral conclusions. The first is that vendor marketing on this topic is terrible. One would ...
The term Software as a Service (SaaS) has been around a long time. The term cloud is still relatively new for many. Putting them together has meant a world of hurt for many enterprises, especially when trying to integrate security into the mix.
Dell hopes to grab a bigger slice of the cloud infrastructure market with a new line of PowerEdge servers that the company announced on Wednesday.
Some might say that San Diego-based <a href="http://www.amylin.com/">Amylin Pharmaceuticals</a> was pushed into the cloud. The 23-year-old company's data center had been running at 100% capacity and IT executives feared inevitable performance problem...
While cloud computing is merely a label given to the latest evolution of what organizations have been doing for a long time, one consistent component in the cloud has been Linux, said Jim Elliott, IBM Canada Ltd.'s Linux champion.
EMC has announced an upgrade to the management software on its Celerra network-attached storage (NAS) arrays that will allow administrators to apply deduplication, thin provisioning and business continuity tools to data stored in VMware environments.
Google recently extended what it describes as highly advanced and sophisticated data backup and recovery to all components of its Apps communication and collaboration suite.
A start-up that moves VMware-based applications to the Amazon cloud and creates a secure tunnel between a customer's data center and the cloud service is launching a public beta trial Monday.
Hewlett-Packard has opened a research lab in Singapore, where it will work on a software platform for delivering cloud-based computing services to enterprises, the company said Wednesday.
VMware, which is owned by EMC, is acquiring a portion of EMC's software business, in what has to be one of the stranger acquisitions in the technology industry thus far this year.
The founder and CEO of an application performance management (APM) software vendor said that today's IT development and production environments are not adequately served by what he terms "APM 1.0."
Many organizations are considering shutting down their data centers and migrating most IT functions to the cloud. Beware, though: <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9150038/Dark_clouds_gather_over_online_security">Not all clouds are soft...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DesignerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- CCData Warehouse Solution DesignersACT
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT