Dropbox has improved the search engine of its Android application, as well as given it a document preview feature.
Dropbox will continue beefing up the business version of its cloud storage and file sharing service, adding security features to shared links, full-text search capabilities and new tools for enterprise developers.
Cloud storage and file-sharing fever has hit Zimbra.
Microsoft will revamp its Office 365 lineup for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), adding features, dropping prices and increasing the flexibility to mix and match them with Office 365 plans for enterprises and with stand-alone applications.
Microsoft will bundle Yammer with more editions of Office 365, adding the enterprise social-networking product to the suite's editions for schools and midsize businesses.
In a great IT industry irony, enterprise social networking (ESN) software, designed to boost interaction and collaboration, is often ignored by users and ends up forgotten like the proverbial ghost town with rolling tumbleweeds.
In a scenario illustrative of Microsoft's tectonic shift to the cloud, Los Angeles County halted an on-premises Exchange upgrade to instead roll out Office 365 and its Exchange Online service.
Under pressure from Microsoft's Office 365, Google has launched a premium edition of Apps with unlimited cloud storage and extra IT controls, and has also improved the Docs office productivity suite.
Tibco has extended the integration between its Tibbr enterprise social networking suite and Microsoft's SharePoint collaboration server, and has linked it for the first time with the Outlook email and calendar client.
Box has added Notes, its lightweight note-taking tool, to the iPad and iPhone versions of its cloud storage application.
Microsoft will dramatically increase capacity and lower prices for OneDrive, increasing pressure on other cloud storage providers and also sweetening the deal for prospective and current Office 365 customers.
Microsoft will give Office 365 customers the option to receive new and improved features considered to be significant before they are made generally available.
Box has acquired Streem, a cloud storage and file-sharing startup that specializes in large media files and that has developed innovative technology for streaming that type of content.
Google confused end users and triggered a spike in support calls to Apps admins with the initial rollout of a security feature for the cloud suite.
Badgeville is promising buyers of the new edition of its gamification software that it will be easy to integrate it with four popular enterprise social collaboration products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- ESET works with Google to halt dangerous malware
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Amaysim launches new online offering for outright mobiles
- The Evil Within 2 review: A rare sequel that outdoes the original, though it could be so much more
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- FTTest Lead - Automation (energy and metering sector)Other
- TPICT Procurement Officer | NorthsideQLD
- TPProject Manager - Enterpries NetworksVIC
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystVIC
- CCBI AnalystQLD
- FTSCCM Systems AdministratorOther
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTIntegration Specialist / DeveloperQLD
- FTPhone System TechnicianQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics/TransportOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- TPProcess AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther