Vendors don't normally brag about slower products but Advanced Micro Devices is making an exception for its latest Opteron 6300 processors, which have a slower clock speed than their predecessors to reduce power consumption.
Here are some of the best little accessories we’ve come across over the past year for connecting, charging, organizing, and more.
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices has reported a profit for the fourth quarter, thanks largely to the sale of its chips in the latest game consoles from Microsoft and Sony.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
After a couple of years, most laptops fall seriously behind the times. Here are several ways to upgrade your legacy laptop to meet today's standards.
Remember the 1990s? Here are 14 blasts from the past.
Intel expects that its workforce will decline by 5 per cent as it heads into a year in which revenue is likely to be flat.
Intel has an ambitious goal for 2014: get its Atom chips into 40 million tablets, or four times the number of tablets that had Intel inside in 2013. But rather than do it by tailoring its products to what tablets now demand, the cash-rich company has...
Intel reported a 6 percent rise in profit on Thursday and said there are signs the PC market is stabilizing.
Chip makers like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung Electronics are working on components that will increase processing power, add more memory and increase screen resolution of next-generation smartphones.
3D printing hit CES in a big way this year. Here are the standouts
Here’s what grabbed our attention at the sprawling CES 2014 gadget show in Las Vegas
Contract chip maker Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. said its net profit grew by close to 8 percent year-over-year in the fourth quarter.
A group of businesses and universities, led by North Carolina State University, will work together to design and manufacture next-generation, low-power semiconductors, U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS without patching
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDirector ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- CCSenior Automation Test Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT
- TPProject Manager - Student Management SystemVIC
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- CCHSE Reporting Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTRobotics & AI ConsultantOther
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTIT GraduateACT