More than a mere blank slate, a new PC is a fresh opportunity—a collection of components that, with the right software installed, could accomplish anything from balancing your household budget to helping to cure cancer. Yes, stocking your PC is an i...
Intel has put on hold a new chip manufacturing facility at its site in Chandler, Arizona, leaving the new space available for unspecified future technology.
Oh, what a year to forget
Optical cables that connect peripherals to Thunderbolt 2 ports in Apple Macs are getting longer, but also more expensive.
Vendors showed many wearable devices at the International CES expo, but the next big thing may just come from an enthusiast's garage.
Prices of 4K monitors have fallen to under $US800, finally coming within the reach of users who didn't want to spend thousands on displays.
Intel will add support for DDR4 memory to its high-end computers in the third quarter, sources familiar with the company's plans said.
Toshiba has entered the Chromebook market with a 13.3in device that uses a latest-generation Intel Celeron processor and 2GB of RAM. The company claims that its Chromebook weighs 1.5kg, and has a maximum thickness of just over 20mm. It was announced ...
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to move away from providing CPU-only chips for gaming machines, instead switching over to accelerated processing units (APUs) that integrate CPUs with graphics cores.
AMD said Monday that the two new members of its A-series "Kaveri" chips are now available for preorder, and launching January 14 in the US. But the biggest update to its new hybrid CPUs with integrated graphics may be one of terminology.
Last year, Intel announced the Quark , an embedded processor that Intel said would fuel the wearable market. On Monday night at CES, Intel announced the "Edison," the next-generation of Quark, along with a ton of wearable prototypes--including, yes, ...
Intel's CEO, battling to keep the company relevant as computing moves beyond the PC, introduced a new line of wearable computers Monday night, including a connected smartwatch and a pair of earbuds with a built-in heart monitor.
GlobalFoundries, a contract chip manufacturer that works closely with semiconductor companies, appointed former Motorola Mobility CEO Sanjay Jha as its chief executive Monday.
Intel is developing a smart wrist device and showing a host of prototype wearable devices at this week's International CES trade show with the hope to find the next big hit.
Intel hopes a new mini-computer the size of an SD card will drive growth for it in the wearables market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTPerformance Management SMENSW
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPPrincipal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | QlikQLD
- FTProject SchedulerQLD
- FTMicroservices DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint Analyst / DeveloperQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTBI Developer (SQL Server Reporting Services)SA
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT