Microsoft is collaborating with the Kenyan government and a local Internet service provider to provide broadband access using TV white spaces and solar-powered base stations, as part of a long-term strategy to spread mobile telephony and Internet con...
Samsung, which knows a thing or two about patent infringement cases, is poking fun at Super Bowl trademark rules in a new commercial that promotes its Galaxy smartphones.
Japanese telecom operator NTT DoCoMo has licensed a next-generation video compression technology called HEVC for use in future smartphones, where it could improve image quality and lessen network load.
Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC will release phones with screens larger than 5 inches, and develop more budget-friendly handsets for the Chinese market, its CFO said Monday.
Panasonic has developed a new way to drastically increase the color and light sensitivity of digital cameras including those used in smartphones.
Despite some caution about the fortunes of BlackBerry, Facebook and Apple, solid financial results from tech vendors coupled with positive reports about the economy are boosting confidence in IT, with share prices of computer, consumer electronics an...
Apple topped Samsung as the leading cellphone vendor in the U.S. in the last three months of the year to become the number-one U.S. vendor by volume for the first time, according to data published on Friday by Strategy Analysis.
Apple managed to outsell Samsung Electronics by almost one million units to become the number one mobile phone vendor in the U.S. for the first time ever during the fourth quarter, according to Strategy Analytics.
A U.S. appeals court has denied Apple a rehearing on the rejection of an injunction on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Nexus. Apple had earlier questioned a criterion for preliminary injunctions used by the court.
A new report has suggested that the rumoured low-cost iPhone will combine design aspects from various Apple devices to become a largely plastic iPhone with the iPhone 5's 4in screen, a bottom like the iPod touch, and the shape of an iPod classic.
RIM has announced its BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, the top-of-the line BlackBerry that -- it hopes -- is going to take on the iPhone 5 and save the company.
Google's desirable Nexus 4 smartphone will apparently go back on sale in the UK today at 3pm.
Research In Motion (RIM) has officially announced its first BlackBerry 10 smartphones, the Z10 and Q10, at a series of elaborate press events across the globe.
In a keynote that was rife with technopop music and contrived videos -- and woefully short on details -- Research in Motion launched two new smartphones in its bid to restore its fortunes in the smartphone market.
RIM has unveiled its highly graphical, touch-oriented Peek and Flow user experience in a bid to regain its lost relevance
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTState IT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW