The success of Samsung's Galaxy S Android phones just became a cash cow for Microsoft, thanks to a patent cross-licensing agreement in which Microsoft gets paid for every Android phone or tablet Samsung sells.
It's here. Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" started rolling out to devices today, and it brought a few surprises along for the ride.
After months of hype, Amazon today announced the Kindle Fire, a 7-inch tablet with a $199 price tag. Amazon also refreshed its line of e-readers with a $149 Kindle Touch 3G, a $99 Kindle Touch without 3G, and a non-Touch $79 Kindle.
Now that Apple has announced an October 4 iPhone event, the time to speculate on when exactly the company would hold its fall event is over. But the time to speculate on what the company will announce at that event has just begun.
Microsoft has signed a cross-license patent agreement with Samsung Electronics that grants Microsoft royalties from Samsung's Android-based smartphones and tablets, Microsoft said in a statement on Wednesday.
Linux Foundation and Limo Foundation are rebooting their efforts to compete with Apple and the Android camp by merging MeeGo and Limo into a new operating system called Tizen, with the backing of Intel and Samsung.
Sony said Wednesday it had acquired a small medical researcher in the U.S. and plans to enter the market for portable medical testing.
Android devices have outsold the iPhone by a 2-to-1 margin in the past three months, according to a new Nielsen survey.
It's just like Apple to pour rain on Amazon's new Kindle Fire by setting a press event for the new iPhone next week.
If you're afraid you're not sharing enough of your daily activities with your online friends, here's another chance to get social...with books.
Windows Phone 7 owners rejoice: Your smartphone is finally getting the Mango update. The update will be pushed to existing Windows Phone 7 owners over the next few weeks.
Microsoft began its Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" update to smartphones globally at 1 p.m. ET Tuesday.
Apple will put an end to the rumors and introduce its next iPhone on October 4 - it's already sent out invitations to an iPhone-specific event that will be held at Apple's Cupertino campus.
More than a third of all Android phones in the U.S. are equipped with 4G and the number is rapidly increasing, according to a study by app analytics firm Localytics.
Sony said Tuesday it will sell a screen attachment for its Vaio laptops that allows users to view 3D movies and images without glasses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTEnterprise Liferay DeveloperOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Activation and Assurance - TelcoVIC
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- CCSecurity TesterNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSAP Trainer l Start before the 1st JulyNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst - MediaOther
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSolution Architect | Azure | CRMQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerOther
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- CCProcess AnalystNSW