NTT DoCoMo will partner with several Japanese hardware makers and Korean manufacturer Samsung Electronics to develop core chips for use in future smartphones, Japan's biggest business newspaper reported Monday.
Dolby Laboratories said Monday that Research In Motion has agreed to license audio technologies that were at the center of two lawsuits filed by Dolby against the Canadian smartphones and tablets company.
AT&T has unveiled a lineup of new Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" smartphones coming soon, and plans to upgrade existing Windows Phone 7 devices to Mango soon. With the additional devices, AT&T will have seven different Windows Phone 7 smartphones ...
Amazon's plans to create a subscription-based lending library of e-books on the Kindle is just, at this point, a rumor -- but, despite the novelty of the idea, it's already running into problems, namely from major book publishers.
More people in the US will access the Internet via mobile devices than through desktop computers or other wired devices by 2015, IDC predicted on Monday.
HTC is considering buying WebOS from Hewlett Packard or another mobile operating system, according to a report based on comments made by HTC Chairwoman Cher Wang.
Apple reportedly will send the Golden Master version of its iOS 5 mobile operating system to manufacturing partners around the last week of September, and that means a new iPhone could be on the way shortly thereafter.
The personal computer isn't dying, but its days of dominance are numbered. Research firm IDC predicts the number of U.S. mobile Internet users will surpass their wired counterparts by 2015.
Touch specialist Synaptics is working on technologies that will allow touchscreens to mimic the feel of a physical keypad, in order to make smartphones easier to use, according to company technology strategist Andrew Hsu.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page must sit down and try to work out a settlement on September 19, according to a court order
Operator-backed Buyster will launch its payment service, which aims to make online transactions more secure using mobile phones, on Sept. 13, the company said on Thursday.
Several of Microsoft's business productivity applications will be available for free on Nokia's latest Symbian Belle smartphones later this year, Nokia announced Thursday.
Android fans should expect to see Ice Cream Sandwich, the next version of Google's mobile operating system, in October or November, according to Google’s executive chairman, Eric Schmidt. "We have a new [Android] operating system, internally known as...
The judge overseeing the dispute between Oracle and Google "strongly recommends" that Oracle CEO Larry Ellison and Google CEO Larry Page be ordered to attend mediation.
Amazon's SDKs (software development kits) for Android and Apple's iOS have exited the beta testing phase, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst/Project Manager | PermanentQLD
- CCService DeskSA
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW