Japan's NTT DoCoMo plans to launch what it calls the world's smallest Windows 7 computer in the next two months.
Google's I/O conference unleashed a flurry of Android news this week, including some long-awaited new applications and updates to the operating system itself.
How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
Apple's policy on in-app purchasing is having some serious negative consequences -- just not for Apple. While the policy opened the door for app subscriptions, and gives Apple an edge over competitors like Amazon, smaller app developers and parents a...
Business travelers and other people on the fly will like Google's upgrade to the mobile version of its news site if they don't mind the omnipresent search engine knowing where they are.
One administrative law judge of the U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled that Kodak did not infringe Apple patents in its cameras, possibly setting the stage for dismissal of a complaint by Apple.
New partners Microsoft and Nokia have joined forces, hoping to invalidate Apple's trademark registration for the terms<strong> </strong>APP STORE and APPSTORE in Europe, according to a statement issued<strong> </strong>by Microsoft.
Apple is in the hot seat again in a new lawsuit that says iPad and iPhone user location data and other personal information is being shared with third-party advertisers. Apple is accused of aiding and abetting the "intentional taking and transmittin...
Thirty-five percent of Android and iPhone owners in the U.S. use apps such as Facebook on their smartphone before even getting out of bed, according to a survey conducted by telecommunications equipment vendor Ericsson.</a>
The mobile computing technology explosion has brought out seriously organized, international and profit-driven cybercriminals.
Google used its I/O conference to introduce Android@Home, a software framework for Android that allows programmers to interact with various connected appliances such as light bulbs, thermostats, washing machines and more.
While Google currently does not see any conflict between its Android vision for tablets and smartphones and its Chrome OS cloud-based laptop vision, a company official acknowledged today that there is potential for such a conflict in the future.
Open-source collaboration platform provider Open-Xchange has a released Mobile Web App, which gives smartphone users online and offline access to appointments, e-mails and contacts while on the road, the company said on Tuesday.
Acer on Wednesday charged its former chief executive officer, Gianfranco Lanci, with performance issues, after he had criticized the company's resistance to globalization in interviews with the media.
Google unveiled Android 2.4 (deliciously nicknamed "Ice Cream Sandwich") at this morning's keynote at Google I/O in San Francisco. Ice Cream Sandwich brings the best features of Honeycomb to mobile phones. Still, other than a few intriguing demos, Go...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSoftware & Applications Programmer/DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT