Adobe's Digital Publishing suite has long offered a way for brands to publish content on tablets, but on Wednesday the company introduced a new generation of the software tweaked specifically to put such capabilities in the hands of ordinary business...
IBM's Watson has already proven its mettle in the kitchen and on game shows, but its latest skill set is one that could help us all: making sure our writing conveys what we want it to.
All Web administrators want to secure their sites for the benefit of their users (we hope), but doing so can be a cumbersome and error-prone task. Now, those using the Varnish Web acceleration software will have a helping hand in this task, as the en...
Egnyte has been vying with the likes of Dropbox and Box for some time already in the cloud-storage arena, but on Tuesday it jumped on board the "mobile-first" train with a newly revamped version of its enterprise-focused app suite that's aimed square...
Proliferation tends to be a consequence any time a new technology trend takes off, and enterprise social networks are a prime example. Jive, Yammer and Salesforce Chatter are all among the competitors in this arena, and more than a few organizations ...
French startup Infinit has released a Windows application for free file-sharing that uses peer-to-peer technology to improve transmission speeds.
As it seeks differentiation with collaboration, workflow and document management features, Box has revamped its iOS app and Web interface to simplify how users and IT administrators interact with files kept in its cloud storage service.
Recently released security updates for the popular Joomla content management system (CMS) address a SQL injection vulnerability that poses a high risk and can be exploited to extract information from the databases of Joomla-based sites.
Two items on BI (business intelligence) customers' wish lists have long been ease of use and a lower burden on IT. A startup called ThoughtSpot, which came out of stealth mode on Wednesday, says its new BI appliance can tackle both.
Open Text is acquiring GXS Group for US$1.17 billion in a deal that will give the information management software vendor a widely used cloud-based business-to-business trading platform.
The developers of the popular vBulletin commercial Internet forum software are investigating a potential exploit and advised users to delete the "install" directory from their deployments as a precaution.
Hewlett-Packard has launched a file storage service for users of its Autonomy WorkSite document management software that it promises can be more helpful than consumer-focused hosted file services.
In an effort to help enterprises get a handle on the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend, Novell has released enterprise file sharing software that it claims is as easy to use as commercial cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Microsoft Skydrive, a...
Administrators of the Joomla blogging platform and content management system can now tag their content so it will be better indexed and automatically routed to the correct locations on their websites.
Adobe CTO Kevin Lynch is leaving the company to take a job at Apple, a one-time close partner of Adobe that became the most vociferous critic of its Flash technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Support/HelpdeskVIC
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTApplication PackagerSA
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD