The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
Samsung Electronics Co. today announced what it's calling the world's highest-density hard disk drive for desktop systems.
The onslaught of unstructured digital content -- video, audio and images -- is taxing storage systems and creating the need to be able to store multi-petabytes, but current industry practices using RAID and replication to accomplish data protection a...
Citrix's VDI technology has surged ahead of rival VMware's, according to the Burton Group, which says Citrix's XenDesktop software is the first "enterprise-ready" server-hosted virtual desktop product.
Cisco almost didn't make the cut. NightHawk Radiology Services was ready to hand its data center consolidation project to another vendor until a facility leasing issue delayed its decision.
The IEEE's 802.3az standard for Energy Efficient Ethernet is expected to be finalized by next year, but it's not too soon to think about how your IT organization can migrate to EEE.
HP is bringing prefab building construction to the data center world.
It may be matter of debate whether the IT job market is improving.
Tired of getting a fail whale when you try to tweet or simply try to log onto Twitter ?
Every new IBM mainframe says something about the times we live in, and today's latest mainframe release is no different. The zEnterprise system, as it is now called, has become a cross-platform management system, a sovereign of other systems.
The state of Texas may be preparing to terminate a contract signed with IBM four years ago to consolidate the state government's IT operations because of missed goals and excessive employee attrition.
Amazon and IBM are the "cloud champions" according to a new report, but Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Red Hat and VMware are also among the list of heavyweights in the emerging cloud computing field.
Is the operating system dead? If any tech vendors were going to make that argument, you would expect VMware to be at the top of the list -- especially now that Google is building its own operating system.
The University of New Hampshire InterOperability Lab (UNH-IOL) has begun testing Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) products to make sure they work together.
Java development has supplanted IT security as the most difficult skill set for hiring managers to locate.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Five Eyes want “cooperation” from tech companies on encryption
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)Other
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPChange Analyst - 12 month contractQLD
- FTRAN SMEOther
- CCEPMO Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTCRM DeveloperWA
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - 1st LevelACT