Oracle is making the open-source MySQL database more stable and feature-rich through a shift in development philosophy, MySQL Vice President of Engineering Tomas Ulin said during a keynote address Monday at the OpenWorld conference in San Francisco.
Speculation has been <a href="http://maxschireson.com/2011/09/29/oracle-does-nosql/">running rampant</a> that Oracle may introduce its own NoSQL database at the OpenWorld conference, <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/d/applications/oracle-openworlds-...
Percona has updated its version of MySQL so that the software's storage engine consumes less working memory, potentially increasing its suitability for tasks requiring an in-memory database, the company announced Friday.
The spectacle of Hewlett-Packard replacing CEO Leo Apotheker, who had been in the job just a year, with former eBay chief Meg Whitman this week all but obscured solid earnings reports from a range of enterprise software vendors including Oracle, Tibc...
Teradata is adding an appliance option for its Aster analytic database, giving it another potential weapon against rivals such as Oracle's Exadata, EMC's Greenplum and SAP's HANA.
EMC's Greenplum subsidiary today announced a new capability to its Hadoop Data Computing Appliance (DCA) that allows users to mix and match unstructured and structured data analytics platforms.
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
Oracle has added additional commercial extensions to the enterprise edition of its open-source MySQL database, further differentiating it from the community version available to anyone at no charge.
The potential of SAP's HANA in-memory computing engine permeated the agenda and had attendees' tongues wagging this week at the Tech Ed conference in Las Vegas, but the technology still has some maturing to do.
The family of specialized applications for SAP's HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) in-memory computing engine is growing, with a new application that allows utilities to crunch information from smart meters, and another that companies can us...
Customer relationship management (CRM) programs have a bad reputation for being overly technical, burdensome to implement, and a chore to use. This can certainly be true of some services, especially for owners of small to medium-size businesses who l...
Oracle has updated the commercial edition of its MySQL database for Windows, adding a graphical installer and the ability to do failover clustering, the company announced Tuesday.
The National Security Agency has submitted new label-based data store software, called Accumulo, to the Apache Software Foundation, in hopes that other parties will further develop the technology for use in secure systems.
Augmenting its line of software to support cloud deployments, VMware has created a package for running the Postgres database in a virtualized environment, the company announced Monday.
The Transaction Processing Performance Council should add an additional metric for availability to its set of database performance benchmarks, Microsoft researchers plan to argue at the upcoming TPC conference, being held this week in Seattle.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Join the newsletter!
- Easy Fixes for Six Common Laptop Problems
- Intel kills its standalone Project Alloy VR headset, as PC-powered VR wins out
- AMD Radeon phases out the CrossFire brand as multi-GPU gets more complicated
- Radeon RX Vega graphics cards get 2-way multi-GPU support in Radeon Software 17.9.2
- Creative Sound BlasterX Siege M04 review: This debut mouse impresses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior DevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Applications Specialist- CernerOther
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution Designer l Skype for Business Solutions l SydneyACT
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceOther
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- FTSAP FICO ConsultantOther
- FTProcess SME (Continuous Improvement)Other
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- TPSenior Security Consultant - WirelessNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC