SAP has relaxed hardware requirements for using its Hana in-memory database platform for development and testing, in a move that could make existing Hana customers' operations easier and less expensive while also generating more Hana sales.
Despite years of hype, some SAP customers remain puzzled over how the vendor's Hana in-memory computing platform can fit into their IT strategies, a newly released survey from the Americas' SAP Users' Group has found.
Managing the keys of all your valuable resources, be they in the real world or the virtual, can be a hassle. Managing all the encryption keys for an entire enterprise is a harder challenge still.
Computer problems with the U.S. State Department's system for issuing passports and visas may have affected up to 200,000 people, it emerged Thursday, as the scale of the problem became clear for the first time.
Upstart NoSQL software vendor MongoDB has snagged a key engineer from the ranks of Oracle, the company's largest competitor in the database software market.
There's no immediate end in sight to trouble that has hit the U.S. State Department's computer system for processing visa applications and caused problems for thousands of people worldwide.
Oracle has responded to a former employee's claim that a new in-memory processing option is turned on by default with the latest release of Database 12c, insisting that the process of enabling it requires a series of deliberate steps.
Teradata has bought the assets of Revelytix and Hadapt in a bid to grow out its capabilities for the Hadoop big-data processing framework.
Oracle is hoping to turn heads in the crowded data analysis market with Big Data SQL, a software tool that can run a single SQL query against Oracle's own database as well as Hadoop and NoSQL data stores.
Storage has always affected how fast software runs, but IT shops now have more tools they can bring to bear on the problem.
Following its success with Amazon Web Services, MongoDB's namesake database can now run on cloud services from Microsoft and Google.
As if tracking down bugs in a complex application isn't difficult enough, programmers now must worry about a newly emerging and potentially dangerous trap, one in which a program compiler simply eliminates chunks of code it doesn't understand, often ...
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is taking the fight to IBM, Microsoft and SAP in the burgeoning in-memory database market with a new option the company says can deliver dramatic performance boosts without requiring changes to applications.
A novel form of database that focuses on connections between entities, called a graph database, is finding a home in the health care industry.
Enterprises can now run Windows Server 2012 R2 on Amazon's cloud, taking advantage of features such as tiered storage, and they can also combine the OS with SQL Server 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- FT.Net Developer- Active Baseline Clearance RequiredOther
- FTHFC Capacity Planner | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- CCIntel Active Directory SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Operations ManagerOther
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD