Building a computer is a great way to get a custom configuration, save some money and have fun. In a how-to video, we'll show you how to build one in less than two minutes.
Building your own PC may seem to be difficult or a waste of time but it has many advantages.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
Building a PC is a little like walking a tightrope without a net. Okay, it's not quite that dangerous, but unlike buying an off-the-shelf system, you have to be your own tech support staff.
If your desktop PC's case gets dirty as time goes by, grime can clog the fans that keep internal parts cool. If airflow is blocked, those parts could overheat.
Selecting components to build a fast PC for everyday office and multimedia tasks is never an easy undertaking, no matter how well you know your stuff. You have to make a large number of decisions about components, and the longer you take to research ...
This article is the seventh and final in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the sixth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fifth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the fourth in a series of how-to stories on building a computer.
This article is the third in a series of how-to stories on building a computer. For a video version of part three, click here.
So out of the blue today, I click a link embedded in an e-mail, and Outlook gives me this error:
My desktop occasionally fails to shut down properly. It seems to complete Windows' shutdown process, but then just freezes--without actually turning off.
Reader Anibal is looking to outfit his PC with a Blu-ray drive and wants to know if there's any good, low-cost (or free) software for watching Blu-ray movies.
They're collecting dust in storage rooms and taking up extra space in your garage or office. They can't handle today's applications, peripherals or operating systems. Yes, older computers are a nuisance, like the brother-in-law who sleeps on your sof...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- This week in games: Civilization III for free, Halloween modes shower treats and tricks
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior Java DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- TPProject Manager - Enterpries NetworksVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Intermediate LevelNSW
- FTMicrosoft CRM Dynamics Consultant (Mid level)Other
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTIntegration Specialist / DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA