Dick Smith has confirmed what many of its shareholders already expected. The company does not have the money to pay its creditors and therefore, will not return any money to them.
Iconic electronics retail chain, Dick Smith Electronics, has officially closed the doors on its retail stores for the last time.
Dick Smith, the retailer that ceased trading on May 3 as a result of financial difficulty, has been relaunched in the A/NZ market as an online-only retailer.
Nearly 400 Dick Smith bricks-and-mortar stores across Australia and New Zealand are set to close by 30 April, the retailer’s receivers have confirmed.
363 Dick Smith stores across Australia and New Zealand will be closed after the receivers couldn’t find a suitable buyer for the electronics retailer.
A further 22 support office employees, along with CFO Michael Potts, have been retrenched at retailer Dick Smith, as the receivers continue to ‘restructure’ the retailer.
Consumer electronics retailer, Dick Smith (ASX:DSH), will be closing down 27 of its stores and terminating the employment of 181 employees, according to receivers and Managers to Dick Smith Holdings and associated entities, Ferrier Hodgson.
Dick Smith recently placed itself into voluntary administration, with the company’s administrator, Ferrier Hodgson, announcing that “due to the financial circumstances of the group, outstanding gift vouchers cannot be honoured and deposits cannot be ...
A syndicate of lenders in retailer, Dick Smith (ASX:DSH), have made the decision to appoint receivers to the business.
ASX-listed retailer, Dick Smith, has issued a cautious outlook as it heads into the Christmas trading period following a $60 million inventory write-down.
Discounts as high as 90 per cent will be available from 300 participating retailers when the 2015 Click Frenzy sale goes live tonight.
Retailer Dick Smith is reducing prices on select items to mark the end of financial year.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Samsung will hold an Australian launch event for its upcoming Galaxy S5 flagship on the 26 of March. Official invites issued to Australian press indicate Australia could be one of the first countries to launch the smartphone two weeks later.
Electronics retailer, Dick Smith, will be giving away $30 of Globalgig credit with any SIM-enabled tablet purchased between December 5, 2013, and January 31, 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEmail Marketing SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst- HPQC applicationNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCdevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW