Reports this week have reiterated the rumour that Apple is working on a larger iPhone (or two) that could be set to launch in 2014, with two analysts claiming that supply chain research has made them "confident" that a bigger iPhone is coming.
Whether you call it a death, decline, or decimation, the PC and all its variants are quickly succumbing to the rising popularity of tablets.
This week the iOSphere faced the unthinkable: an iPad mini 2 that has the same resolution as the iPad mini 1. Where is innovation when you need it?
The shift toward smaller tablets will accelerate in the second half of the year when a slew of tablet makers, including Apple, introduce new models with screens 8-in. or smaller, said Richard Shim, an analyst with DisplaySearch.
The new iPad mini will launch in the second half of the year and it will have a Retina display but the same processor, according to an analyst.
If multitouch display technology is proliferating, haptic feedback is helping to fuel the trend. Haptics provide tactile feedback to your fingers as you touch a display by vibrating all or part of the display surface.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- TPIT Procurement Officer - Multiple PositionsQLD
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- TPActive Directory AdministratorACT
- CCTest Analyst *MUST HAVE MAXIMO*NSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- FTERP Reporting AnalystOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Veeam / Shadow ProtectOther
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTMaster Agent - Key Sunshine Coast territoryQLD
- CCSystems Network Engineer - DDOSVIC
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW