Samsung Electronics has begun mass producing a more affordable SSD, seeking to help drive the technology deeper into the corporate data center.
As data centers demand faster and faster storage, Micron is answering the call with long-lasting, solid-state drives that offer up to 800GB of capacity.
Hewlett-Packard's new Z Turbo Drive solid-state drives will be faster than conventional SSDs that plug into hard-drive slots, the company said.
Seagate Technology thinks the storage capacity could be larger in tablets, most of which come with a relatively small amount of native storage.
OCZ Storage Solutions is starting a new chapter in its enterprise operations with shipments of a new line of solid-state drives (SSDs) that offer maximum storage capacity of 3.2TB.
LaCie has increased the storage capacity of its 5big external storage product to 25TB.
Toshiba has completed its acquisition of OCZ Storage Solutions, a failed Silicon Valley maker of solid-state drives, the company said Tuesday.
Toshiba in the second quarter of this year will start making flash drives for smartphones and tablets that are substantially faster, smaller and more power-efficient than current NAND flash, the company said on Tuesday.
Apple's iPhone and iPad users will now be able to add 1TB of external storage with LaCie's new Fuel wireless hard drive.
Toshiba has offered to buy the assets of OCZ Technology, a solid-state drive manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy.
A new supercomputer being deployed this month in the U.S. is using solid-state drive storage as an alternative to DRAM and hard drives, which could help speed up internal data transfers.
Solid-state drive adoption will continue to grow and it will be more than 10 years before it is ultimately replaced by a new memory technology, experts said.
3D V-NAND, a new technology for packing more data into flash chips, will dramatically increase the number of PCs and enterprise storage systems that use flash in the next decade, a Samsung Electronics executive said Tuesday.
A new generation of faster, cheaper flash storage is hitting the enterprise market and will be in the spotlight this week at the Flash Memory Summit conference.
Shipments of solid-state drives (SSDs) rocketed in this year's first quarter and the technology is now becoming the storage of choice in thin and light laptops.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLean Six Sigma - BPE Design LeadOther
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTMobile Studio LeadOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- FTSoftware Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market ConnectivityOther
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MAXIMO Asset ManagementOther
- FTLinux Support EngineerOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- FTJava DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- CCSecurity TesterNSW
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager (Rail/Control Signals)Other