Nvidia's much-hyped Tegra 2 CPU has finally found a home in a smartphone courtesy of LG's new Optimus 2X, which will be launched in Korea next month. As such, the Optimus 2X takes the honor of being the first dual-core phone to get to market.
LG Electronics on Tuesday announced a new series of smartphones with next-generation dual-core processors, which should provide a big leap in performance while maintaining device battery life.
Samsung has announced a dual-core application processor for tablets PCs, netbooks and smartphones that will be able to handle 1080p video playback and recording, the company said on Tuesday.
Online retailers have started selling netbooks with Intel's new dual-core Atom processor, ahead of official product announcements from PC makers.
Smartphones are on the verge of becoming more powerful, with chip makers readying dual-core chips that could accelerate multimedia and application performance on handheld devices.
QUESTION: My Windows 7 Home Premium computer has a quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM. I've not found any advantage to using four cores. How can I use the processor more effectively and allocate different processes to the individual cores?
Will you be the new owner of a pair of Jabra headphones? Enter the competition today to be in the running.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- 2 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 review: Smaller form-factor, higher performance
- 3 Jabra Elite 65t review: Third time's the charm
- 4 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 5 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
Join the newsletter!
- How to upgrade your laptop's RAM
- LG announce local price and availability for G7 ThinQ smartphone
- Gfinity Australia prepares to launch "the Big Bash League of Esports" June 2nd
- Acer unveils new range of desktop PCs, notebooks and gaming machines
- Unforeseen Incidents review: A gorgeously retro point-and-click, warts and all
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- HTC promise more Edge Sense and a better camera with the HTC U12+
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- OnePlus debut the OnePlus 6
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?