Four U.S. senators have resurrected legislation that would allow consumers to see and correct personal information held by data brokers and tell those businesses to stop sharing or selling it for marketing purposes.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should launch an investigation into the growing consolidation of big data analytics firms and digital marketing companies, a coalition of four privacy groups said Friday.
Companies developing Internet of Things (IoT) products should adopt best practices to protect the privacy and security of consumers, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has recommended.
It turns out that TRUSTe, the provider of privacy certifications for online businesses, may not be so trustworthy after all. The company failed to conduct annual recertification checks for hundreds of companies holding its privacy seal, despite promi...
AT&T has misled millions of its mobile customers by promising unlimited data plans, then charging them and reducing their data speeds after they reach a monthly cap, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said in a complaint announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google $2.72 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS with out patching
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Microsoft SQL DesignerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)Other
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Capacity PlannerOther
- TPProject Manager - Student Management SystemVIC
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- FTPrincipal ArchitectACT
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTContract ManagerACT
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Performance TesterNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTMid-Level Business AnalystOther