Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
education in pictures
Digital technology is to be formally integrated into the New Zealand school curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, but has been denied the status of a separate learning area, sparking protest from industry.
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
STEM skills should be taught at a much younger age if there is any hope of filling the growing skills gap, according to Hays Recruitment's A/NZ boss, Nick Deligiannis.
Year 12 student, Laura Johnston, chose not to pick a single STEM subject to study for her higher school certificate because she didn’t want to ruin her Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra has announced it is opening a Masters in Cyber Security, Strategy and Diplomacy – Australia’s first ever course devoted to cyber war and peace.
Tyler Kresch isn't turning to graduate school to help him change his job from tech sales to running a startup; instead he's taking massive open online courses (MOOCs) to learn the IT skills necessary for that career move.
Apple Australia is helping school and uni students get back to school by offering rebates on selected Mac computers including the popular MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks, and iMac desktops.
University students just can't do without their gadgets. We look at the technology that's been a must-have for students from the 1950s to the present day.
Whitepapers about education
This report details the observations and findings from nine in-depth interviews and executive roundtable discussions conducted by IBRS in 2012 regarding BYOD in education <span style="color:#0000ff;">powered by Intel®</span>. • The more significant issue for education was not the device but the delivery of software and services that impact educational activities • There is not one approach that fits all educational institutions – or even a single approach that can be used across a single school • A broad cross-section of peers involved from across the education spectrum were represented at each roundtable, held in seven cities across ANZ region</p>
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Join the newsletter!
- Graphics card prices are ludicrous. Here's how to keep gaming in the coin mining era
- Technology predictions for 2018 and beyond
- Steam is selling Papers, Please for $2 today
- Final Fantasy XV's PC port needs up to 155GB of storage space
- CES 2018: 20 Great Gadgets We Saw On The Show Floor And Beyond
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Logistics)Other
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- TPSystems Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- FTCommunications SpecialistSA
- FTProject ServicesSA
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTInformation ArchitectOther
- CCIteration / Project ManagerWA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMachine Learning SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Clinical ICT ProjectsOther
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Cyber Security AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTLead Mobile App DeveloperQLD
- CCServer Support Specialist ? Performance and Capacity ManagementNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerOther
- FTChange Lead - 12 Month Contract!Other
- FTNatural/ADABAS ProgrammerWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther