Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
education in pictures
Digital technology is to be formally integrated into the New Zealand school curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, but has been denied the status of a separate learning area, sparking protest from industry.
On the Internet, "nobody knows you're a dog," as the old meme goes, and today, the same can increasingly be said of robots.
STEM skills should be taught at a much younger age if there is any hope of filling the growing skills gap, according to Hays Recruitment's A/NZ boss, Nick Deligiannis.
Year 12 student, Laura Johnston, chose not to pick a single STEM subject to study for her higher school certificate because she didn’t want to ruin her Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR).
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra has announced it is opening a Masters in Cyber Security, Strategy and Diplomacy – Australia’s first ever course devoted to cyber war and peace.
Tyler Kresch isn't turning to graduate school to help him change his job from tech sales to running a startup; instead he's taking massive open online courses (MOOCs) to learn the IT skills necessary for that career move.
Apple Australia is helping school and uni students get back to school by offering rebates on selected Mac computers including the popular MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks, and iMac desktops.
University students just can't do without their gadgets. We look at the technology that's been a must-have for students from the 1950s to the present day.
Whitepapers about education
This report details the observations and findings from nine in-depth interviews and executive roundtable discussions conducted by IBRS in 2012 regarding BYOD in education <span style="color:#0000ff;">powered by Intel®</span>. • The more significant issue for education was not the device but the delivery of software and services that impact educational activities • There is not one approach that fits all educational institutions – or even a single approach that can be used across a single school • A broad cross-section of peers involved from across the education spectrum were represented at each roundtable, held in seven cities across ANZ region</p>
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
- Avast Premier review: An attractive antivirus suite with limited install options
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCChange Manager-Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTraining SMEACT
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- FTPega / BPM DevelopersACT
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FT.Net - Sitecore DeveloperQLD
- FTField Engineers - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Workbrain Functional Expert - Brisbane BasedQLD
- TPProject Manager | Digital Health ProgramQLD
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- CCiMIS SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- FTC ++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Tester - HardwareOther