A U.S. government board focused on privacy and civil rights should push Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's mass collection of telephone records and Internet communications, privacy advocates said Tuesday.
A secret surveillance court has exceeded its legal authority by allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect customer telephone records from Verizon Communications, a privacy group said in a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Privacy advocates are pushing the U.S. Congress to rein in the U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to collect massive amounts of data from U.S. residents, as alleged in recent news reports.
A privacy watchdog has filed a lawsuit contending the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation has failed to provide requested technical information about a biometric identification database expected to be the largest in the world.
Top U.S. officials will be warned in a letter Monday of an intense U.S. lobbying effort that seeks to weaken European privacy legislation.
Two digital rights group urged Facebook on Tuesday to halt changes to its governance and data use policies, warning the modifications could increase privacy risks.
Facebook has launched an expanded privacy education campaign for new users, with the focus on default settings, user access to their own data and deciding who they share their information with.
Privacy and technology groups generally applauded a wide-ranging settlement between Facebook and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the social-networking site's privacy practices.
Current regulations aren't enough to warn customers and protect them against data breaches at financial institutions, one U.S. senator said during a hearing Tuesday.
The privacy flap over Facebook's new facial recognition service has gained some momentum.
Facebook said it's working with European Union regulators to resolve criticism about its new facial recognition feature, but trouble may also be brewing for the social network here in the U.S.
A coalition of privacy and consumer groups is pushing for the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to add conditions, including requiring that Google get opt-in permission from users before collecting their data, to its proposed settlement over privacy prob...
Despite the changes that Google has made to Buzz following negative reaction to the service, the Electronic Privacy Information Center has filed a complaint with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission charging the search giant with violating user privacy....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTM1 Application Management AnalystOther
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Integration SpecialistOther
- FTNBNJP00001080 - Facilities/Capacity EngineerOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - MortgagesNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | AO6 | Government ContractQLD
- FTSystems ArchitectNSW
- FTTest Analyst, TOSCAOther
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectACT
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantTAS
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Architect/Strategy AnalystVIC
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW