Dell and EMC have completed their US$67 billion merger to create Dell Technologies, the world's largest privately held technology company. It's a historic day, far from the PC company that sponsored the "Dude, I've bought a Dell" campaign.
At what will probably be the last EMC World in Las Vegas ahead of the company and its 'federation' of subsidiaries being absorbed into the Dell empire, suitor Michael Dell today laid out his vision of radically changed IT industry.
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
The first question is: Where’s the Cloud?
Dell's acquisition of EMC will give it access to a sales force notorious for its ability to "sell ice to eskimos," while EMC will gain a new foothold among mid-market customers. As a private entity, the combined result will face a freedom from market...
Irish rockers, U2, are continuing to innovate in their use of video on the current Innocence + Experience tour, and behind the scenes is some extremely high-performance, all-flash technology.
EMC is selling its Syncplicity file-sharing and collaboration business to private investment company Skyview Capital for an undisclosed sum.
Two U.S. Supreme Court justices owned stock in tech vendors or other companies that filed briefs in cases under review by the high court in the past year, a watchdog group said Thursday.
Confirming rumours dating back to as early as March, Oracle has announced it has appointed former Hewlett-Packard executive David Donatelli as executive vice president for converged infrastructure.
The European Union faces a huge shortfall of qualified IT staff in Europe by 2020, prompting EU countries to redouble efforts to offer technology training.
Hyundai rolls with Android Auto... EMC grabs cloud management company... IRS lost data on 100,000 taxpayers... and more tech news.
EMC is purchasing the privately held Virtustream software provider for approximately US$1.2 billion to expand its portfolio of cloud management tools.
EMC will release its ViPR Controller storage automation and control software as an open-source project, letting third parties develop their own services and applications on top of it and possibly make ViPR work with more parts of enterprise storage e...
EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
EMC says enterprises like its XtremIO all-flash storage array, so in version 4.0, the company is offering more of it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIT Service Continuity ManagerACT
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- CCTesting SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- TPSolution Architect - InfrastructureQLD
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW