Additional details have emerged regarding the more than 800 patents Novell is selling to the Microsoft-led consortium CPTN Holdings for US$450 million, about two months after the deal was first announced.
In a move that will be seen by many as <strong>a sign of open-source advocates' influence</strong>, <strong>a filing in Germany </strong>to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
Federal court papers name a former <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/091610-akamai-ipv6.html">Akamai Technologies</a> employee who allegedly revealed insider information to stock traders who were later charged with reaping millions of do...
In a move that will be seen by many as a big win for open-source advocates, a plan to create a consortium led by Microsoft to buy Novell patents has been withdrawn.
A former EMC testing engineer has pleaded guilty to charges that he stole about US$930,000 worth of equipment from the company's Apex, North Carolina, plant.
Apple, Oracle and EMC are involved with CPTN Holdings LLC, the Microsoft-led consortium that is purchasing 882 patents from Novell for US$450 million, according to a Dec. 9 posting on the website of German antitrust authority Bundeskartellamt, or Fed...
Dell has agreed to buy virtualized storage vendor Compellent Technologies in an all-cash deal worth US$27.75 per share, a little more than the $27.50 per share price tag it was discussing with the company last week, but still lower than the stock's M...
After losing a drawn-out bidding war to Hewlett-Packard to acquire storage vendor 3Par earlier this year, Dell re-opened its coffers in a bid to acquire Compellent Technologies, hoping the company will be the answer to its midrange storage area netwo...
Dell said Thursday it is in advanced talks with storage vendor Compellent Technologies regarding a merger that would call for Dell to pay US$27.50 per share, or roughly $876 million, for the company.
Federal prosecutors Tuesday charged two men with stealing more than $1 million in high-tech equipment from EMC facilities in Massachusetts and North Carolina and trying to sell it over the Internet.
Disk storage revenue went up during the third quarter this year as companies invested more money in adding storage capacity to meet the explosion in data growth, IDC said on Thursday.
EMC will buy network-attached storage (NAS) vendor, Isilon Systems, for about $US2.25 billion. Both companies' boards have approved the deal, which is expected to be finalized later this year.
Storage vendor EMC today announced it has completed the purchase of privately-help virtual tape library (VTL) vendor Bus-Tech for an undisclosed amount.
Vendors may shortly be able to introduce SSD products that use PCIe to improve performance speeds. A group of leading vendors have joined forces to develop the standard which is expected to be finalised in the latter half of next year.
Last week it was Colt announcing its cloud service, a little further down the scale, Atlanta has also announced its own virtualisation strategy, tying together products from a range of vendors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Lenovo's new workstation is indeed 'Tiny' but packs a punch
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- FTSenior Applications Security ConsultantOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCSAP Trainer l Start before the 1st JulyNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSalesforce Consultant - AdministrationQLD
- FTDigital DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTICT Security Senior ManagerACT
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTFull stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCHelpdesk Support - L2VIC