A legal war between EMC and flash startup Pure Storage has escalated to charges of patent infringement and illegally obtaining a storage array to mine it for intellectual property.
EMC's long-awaited entry into all-flash storage arrays will finally get a full-fledged rollout next week, possibly setting the terms for mastery of the fledgling product category along the way.
EMC has sued Pure Storage for allegedly colluding with some of the storage giant's former employees to misappropriate and bring to the startup confidential EMC information and trade secrets, including lists and notes on current and potential customer...
EMC will give users of its Syncplicity file-sharing and synchronization service more control over how their data can be accessed and used, including the ability to make files "time out" on a certain date wherever they may be stored.
Strong earnings news from Internet and IT vendors gave a boost to tech stocks Friday, with Microsoft shares touching a six-year high.
The vendor gets aggressive about enterprise flash arrays, but faces challenges in the data center
EMC's VNX hybrid storage line is now built for flash first, with revamped software that can take full advantage of multicore processors, producing what the company calls a major boost in performance.
Apple, Microsoft, Google and Cisco are flush with cash, and so are many other tech companies
Boosting its portfolio of solid state storage technologies, EMC is acquiring ScaleIO, a purveyor of storage management software, for an undisclosed amount of cash.
With a new set of hardware and software releases, EMC is promising to simplify its customers' storage infrastructure by combining different types of operation into a single EMC system.
EMC is giving enterprises greater control over how corporate data gets distributed and to whom, plus more mobile capabilities, with the latest update to its Syncplicity service.
There may have been a few people who spat out their coffee the morning they read that EMC had unveiled what it called the "world's first" software-defined storage platform, EMC ViPR.
Global sales of external server storage have dropped for the first time since 2009, according to data from research firm IDC.
All that new data flowing into enterprises can bring along an expensive partner: multiple copies.
By now, it's become a tired old tech industry bromide: CIOs need to be business-savvy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCJava Developer - Integration - BrisbneNSW
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW