Attackers can potentially snoop on the encrypted traffic of over 25,000 iOS applications due to a vulnerability in a popular open-source networking library.
Some of the world's leading cryptographers are concerned about the increasing number of malicious programs that hold computers and mobile phones to ransom, in many cases by abusing the encryption algorithms they designed.
Cryptography experts at the RSA security conference on Tuesday picked holes in U.S. plans to require that law enforcers be given a way to break encryption to exercise lawful intercept rights.
The U.S. House of Representatives may vote on a controversial cyberthreat information sharing bill this week, despite major privacy concerns from many digital rights groups and security researchers.
Apps used by millions of iPhone and iPad owners became vulnerable to snooping when a flaw was introduced into third-party code they used to establish HTTPS connections.
Google plans to serve most of its ads over encrypted HTTPS connections by the end of June, a move that will protect against some ad hijacking attacks and will encourage website owners to enable encryption on their Web properties.
More than two dozen U.S. government websites should be urgently upgraded to use encryption, as whistleblowers are potentially at risk, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.
VMware is combining iOS and Android encryption features with its own network virtualization platform to offer more secure access to enterprise applications and resources.
In Silicon Valley, the recruiting game is extremely competitive, according to Ron Harrison, founder of Jivaro Professional Headhunters, a specialist in placing technology candidates.
In the latest blow to Internet of Things (IoT) security, an analysis of smart home devices has found flaws that could give attackers access to sensitive data or allow them to control door locks and sensors.
Google forgot to renew one of its TLS certificates, leading to service disruption Saturday for people using Gmail through third-party email clients.
The Mozilla Foundation plans to reject new digital certificates issued by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) in its products, but will continue to trust certificates that already exist.
The unique attack method used to disrupt the code-sharing site GitHub over the last week could have been prevented if more websites enabled encryption, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) said Wednesday.
Microsoft has blacklisted a subordinate CA certificate that was wrongfully used to issue SSL certificates for several Google websites. The action will prevent those certificates from being used in Google website spoofing attacks against Internet Expl...
The mystery high-severity flaw that people were expected to be fixed in OpenSSL is no Heartbleed, but it is serious and users should update.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Lenovo's new workstation is indeed 'Tiny' but packs a punch
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
- The Full Nerd episode 25: Core i9 review, build an Xbox One X PC, and Creative's 32-bit sound card
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTUser Experience Specialist (UX)ACT
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- FTDesktop Engineer - Level 1 and 2Other
- TPProject Manager - Student Management SystemVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst TechnicalQLD
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment PlatformNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |NSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCEUS Junior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA
- FT.Net Developer (WCF & WPF)Other
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCMultiple Front End Developers | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js | Knockout |QLD