The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
Microsoft has taken its big data analysis to China, with computing models that can forecast the air quality across 41 cities in the country.
U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
Seoul is trying to put one of the world's highest concentrations of electric vehicles (EVs) on its roads with a project that would let drivers charge their vehicles in residential parking lots and other everyday locations.
Apple plans to make its supply chain in China greener as a way to cutdown on carbon emissions from its product manufacturing, the company announced on Monday.
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
The electronics industry may still be reliant on human workers to assemble products, but Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group is hopeful that robots will take over more of the workload soon.
One of the founders of Facebook's Open Compute Project has launched a new company that aims to cut the cost of running data centers using "community-based analytics."
Apple plans to open two European data centers running on renewable energy in 2017, following similar moves by Google and Facebook in the region.
Apple has forced its suppliers to end a form of "bonded labor" that saddled assembly line workers with unnecessary hiring fees, and put them in debt to third-party recruiters.
Apple is investing in a vast solar plant in Northern California that will generate as much electricity as the company uses to power all its operations in the state.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther
- FTProject Manager - Service Migration & DataNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTPenetration TesterOther
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- TPSAP TrainerACT
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther