Despite Samsung Electronics' efforts to rectify labor violations at its factories in China, little has changed for some workers.
NEC is working on a new type of small data center unit that uses convection to slash power usage by a third, even in Japan's hot, sticky climate.
Samsung Electronics announced new measures to keep its suppliers in China compliant with labor laws after it completed a round of audits that found problems relating to overtime and the way penalties were carried out.
First-time surprise entrant Wipro tops the list of rankings in the 18th edition of the Greenpeace "Guide to Greener Electronics," with Apple dropping two spots to sixth compared to last year's study.
Colt's new data-center architecture is designed to allow operators more flexibility in managing power and cooling, without having to do extensive remodelling, the company said Monday.
As Apple prepares to start selling its new iPad Mini, workers at a Chinese factory that manufactures the product have been enduring chemical fumes, 12-hour work shifts and alleged company mismanagement as they assemble the new device.
A workers' rights group has slammed what it called the "iPad mini manufacturer" for maintaining poor working conditions at a factory in China.
Google has paid US$94 million for a stake in four photovoltaic power generation projects around Sacramento, California, bringing its total investment in renewable energy generation this year to $880 million, it announced Tuesday.
Apple supplier Pegatron reported that an explosion occurred at a subsidiary company in China, with Shanghai authorities stating that 61 workers were sent to hospital.
Greenpeace International has ended a long-running campaign calling on Facebook to "unfriend coal" as a source of energy for its data centers, after Facebook agreed to promote clean and renewable energy, the two said Thursday.
Using concepts from IT and networking, a Japanese consortium plans to develop large-scale energy grids that will handle power the way the Internet handles data, using "routers" and "service providers" to efficiently manage and direct the flow of elec...
Chinese authorities continue to inspect a factory that produces aluminum casings for Apple's MacBook laptops, following residents' complaints of unbearable odors coming from the facility.
Facebook is expanding its operations in the Big Apple, announcing on Friday plans to open an engineering office in New York in 2012.
Apple plans to hire a third-party auditing firm to investigate 15 of its suppliers suspected of violating environmental regulations, according to local environmental groups that met with the company on Tuesday.
Bill Weihl, Google's "green energy czar," is leaving the company this week after steering its clean energy efforts for almost six years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's Max-Q finally gives you GeForce GTX 1080 graphics in a thin-and-light laptop
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectWA
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTIBCO Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTChange AnalystQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTIT Support Level 1 and 2NSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT