he January 2015 edition of Microsoft Patch Tuesday might be more notable for what the monthly release of security bulletins does not contain -- there are no fixes for the Microsoft Explorer browser this month.
Several photo, video and other media editing programs from software maker Corel contain DLL hijacking vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to execute malicious code on users' computers.
Google released details of a second unpatched privilege escalation flaw in Windows 8.1 in less than a month, drawing criticism from Microsoft.
Server administrators are advised to upgrade OpenSSL again to fix eight new vulnerabilities, two of which can lead to denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
A vulnerability in Asuswrt, the firmware running on many wireless router models from Asustek Computer, allows attackers to completely compromise the affected devices. Malicious hackers, however, need to launch their attacks from within the local netw...
CryptoWall, one of a family of malware programs that encrypts files and demands a ransom from victims, has undergone a revamp that is frustrating security researchers.
Apple has fixed an issue that could have allowed attackers to launch brute-force attacks against iCloud users in order to guess their passwords.
Three vendors have released fixes for vulnerabilities found in the critical firmware used during a computer's startup, according to an advisory from the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team.
A Google researcher has disclosed an unpatched vulnerability in Windows 8.1 after Microsoft didn't fix the problem within a 90-day window Google gave its competitor.
In today's world of agile software development and fast release cycles, developers increasingly rely on third-party libraries and components to get the job done. Since many of those libraries come from long-running, open-source projects, developers o...
Three out of three? That could be the score for the U.S. National Security Agency's cryptographic "most wanted" list of 2012.
Attackers can infect MacBook computers with highly persistent boot rootkits by connecting malicious devices to them over the Thunderbolt interface.
An open-source component used to display PDF files on WikiLeaks.org and other websites contains vulnerabilities that could be exploited to launch cross-site scripting (XSS) and content spoofing attacks against visitors.
Remote code execution vulnerabilities in the standard implementation of the network time protocol (NTP) can be exploited by attackers to compromise servers, embedded devices and even critical infrastructure systems that run UNIX-like operating system...
A critical vulnerability in client software used to interact with Git, a distributed revision control system for managing source code repositories, allows attackers to execute rogue commands on computers used by developers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SAP has designs on new government business
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- FTJunior Administration AssistantACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTSharepoint SpecialistsQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistSA
- TPProject ManagerVIC