Inviting friends to Google+ is a lot more straightforward now. That's welcome news to users of the Internet search leader's growing social networking service.
Notorious spam king Sanford Wallace is facing federal fraud charges for allegedly breaking into Facebook accounts and sending 27 million spam messages in 2008 and 2009.
Google+ is going great guns right out of the gate, with the site starting out far better than rivals Facebook, Twitter and Myspace did.
Facebook is facing fresh concerns from German data protection officials that its automatic facial recognition feature may violate European privacy regulations.
Facebook has added a feature that lets expectant parents add unborn children to the "Friends and Family" section of their profiles by selecting "Expected: Child" on the drop-down list. Typical of anything Facebook does, this feature -- implemented so...
Microsoft today launched a $250,000 contest for researchers who develop defensive security technologies that deal with entire classes of exploits.
A Japanese city is the first in the country to replace its public website with a Facebook page, as officials stressed the open nature of the social network as their main motivation.
Facebook has acquired Push Pop Press, a start-up that has developed software for creating highly interactive digital books, for an undisclosed amount.
Symantec today announced its next-generation email and content archiving software, Enterprise Vault 10, which now purports to automatically classify email content and metadata and assign the appropriate archiving and retention policy to it.
I had to laugh when I read about Facebook's latest effort to woo businesses. While Facebook wants to look like its well ahead of Google + in the commercial uses of social networking, its track record of dealing with users suggests that businesses sho...
Facebook's move today to follow Google, Mozilla and Hewlett-Packard in offering bounties for bugs got a unanimous thumbs up from security researchers.
As the world's largest social network, Facebook accumulates more data in a single day than many good size companies generate in a year.
Facebook is going to pay hackers to find problems with its website -- just so long as they report them to Facebook's security team first.
Where are the users? That's what popular websites including Yahoo, Google and Facebook are asking the Internet engineering community when they are questioned about their long-range plans to deploy IPv6.
A group of 29 US universities has banded together in an effort to accelerate ultra-high-speed broadband deployment to their campuses and surrounding communities, organiSers announced on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Data Analytics & Systems) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- FTHCM Project Manager & Service Implementation Manager - SAP HRNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA