Microsoft has incorporated more Facebook data into its Bing search results, increasing the competition around social search with Google, whose level of access to Facebook data is not as deep.
Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter open threats to sensitive corporate data that businesses need to deal with aggressively, Interop attendees were told.
Facebook may not have bought Skype, but the social networking company may still reap the benefits.
One day after Symantec uncovered an alleged privacy breach, Facebook released four new features to its security suite, unrelated to the discovery.
Earlier this week reports surfaced that Facebook had hired PR firm Burson-Marsteller to run a "smear campaign" against Google.
To help its hundreds of millions of users prevent unauthorized access to their accounts, Facebook has added an optional verification step to its log-in process.
Thanks to an anti-Google smear campaign ordered by Facebook and carried out by a PR agency, the relationship between Facebook and Google is unquestionably broken beyond repair. And that's bad news for users of both services.
Facebook has been caught hiring a well-known PR firm to plant anti-Google stories in the media.
A browser-based app developed by Georgia Tech researchers is designed to help Internet users make better use of their bandwidth – and to make sure ISPs are holding up their end of the bandwidth bargain.
Facebook today denied that it may have accidentally exposed personal user data to advertisers and other third parties for several years, as claimed this week by two security researchers at Symantec Corp.
Microsoft announced today that it purchased Skype for $8.5 billion. After a week of speculation about a possible acquisition by either Facebook or Google, the Microsoft news has shocked the tech world and stolen Google's thunder on the opening day of...
A programming bug on Facebook's website may have accidentally given advertisers and others access to a treasure trove of personal information, according to security researchers at Symantec.
Facebook users still do not use privacy controls to protect themselves, and a third of children under 18 are below the site's minimum age of 13, Consumer Reports reported in its June issue.
Microsoft is close to finalizing a deal to buy Internet phone company Skype Technologies for over US$7 billion, and a deal could be announced by Tuesday, according to a news report.
Apple is the most valuable brand in the world, beating out former top brand Google. The house that Jobs built is so highly valued that it is worth more than Microsoft and Coca-Cola combined, according to the 2011 BrandZ Top 100.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- FTRelease / Implementation ManagerSA
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- CCUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- CCService DeskSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC