Facebook's "Groups" feature was first announced in October 2010, to reduce the need for Facebook users to share everything with everyone, when they really only want to share something with select "Friends," according to CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
T-Mobile USA has suspended Bobsled, its free voice calling service for Facebook, less than a week after it was launched.
Facebook, HP, Rackspace, Juniper, Fujitsu and dozens of other organizations have joined a group building a defensive patent portfolio to protect Linux-using members from potential lawsuits.
Social networking websites are fast becoming a staple of corporate recruiting. Depending on which studies you read, anywhere from 39 to 65 percent of companies use social networking websites to identify and screen potential candidates for open positi...
A local security expert is dumbfounded by the ease in which a fake <i>Twilight: Breaking Dawn</i> game application has spread across Facebook, and has warned Australians to be less trusting when it came to approving applications on the social network...
Could a few 7-year-old emails slice off as much as half of Mark Zuckerberg's stake in Facebook -- and the fortune he has earned from that stake?
Two high-profile U.S. senators have introduced legislation designed to give consumers more control over what information about them is collected online, but privacy advocates said the bill will do little to curb wide-spread data-collection practices ...
A new attack is spreading its way across Facebook, targeting fans of the epic vampire series Twilight. The clickjacking scam demonstrates just how easy it is to spread malware socially -- especially if the bait is a phenomenon like Twilight that has ...
The Winklevoss twins will have to settle with $160 million from their dispute with Facebook, an appeals court has said. The twins' epic argument with Mark Zuckerberg over the ownership of Facebook -- dramatized in the Oscar-winning movie "The Social ...
Facebook is a wonder of our age. With more than half a billion users, the fact it serves detailed and personalized pages to every user--within a second or two of them asking for it--is mind-blowing.
A New York man who claims he's entitled to a sizable stake in Facebook has amended his initial complaint, adjusting his ownership claim and providing additional documents, including e-mails he allegedly exchanged with Mark Zuckerberg.
Eric Schmidt is out at Google. Larry Page is in. I miss Eric already.
A U.S. federal appeals court has denied a request by the Winklevoss twins to release them from their settlement with Facebook over their allegations that Mark Zuckerberg improperly appropriated their idea for the social networking site.
Facebook is often touted as a must-have tool for small businesses as a means to boost their brand awareness and to reach existing and potential customers. However, the social network does not necessarily translate into more sales if you are an e-tail...
Facebook's start-up days are long behind it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Five Eyes want “cooperation” from tech companies on encryption
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCJava EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Tech Lead | C++ | Trading | Market ConnectivityOther
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTWorkforce AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTAdministration Support Officers - APS 5/6ACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Developer / Architect - PermanentWA
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther