Growth in the storage market slowed down during the third quarter, but vendors such as Hitachi, EMC and Fujitsu still had a good three months thanks in part to sales of high-end systems.
Three of Japan's tech giants will work together to increase data transmission speeds over optical fiber, aiming for 400Gbps per channel by 2014.
Now, your dog can be in the cloud.
Fujitsu said Tuesday it will work with Whamcloud to develop new features for the open-source Lustre file system aimed at high-performance computing.
Japan's K Computer has retained its pole position on the Top500 list of fastest supercomputers and become the first machine on the list to achieve performance of more than 10 petaflops.
NTT DoCoMo will partner with several Japanese hardware makers and Korean manufacturer Samsung Electronics to develop core chips for use in future smartphones, Japan's biggest business newspaper reported Monday.
NTT DoCoMo said Thursday it will offer two tablets on its high-speed LTE network, along with streaming video from Hulu's new Japan service.
The first smartphone based on the new "Mango" edition of Microsoft's Windows Phone platform was unveiled on Wednesday in Tokyo.
A new supercomputer from Japan whose performance passed the 8 petaflop milestone ended China's brief period atop the list of the world's fastest supercomputers.
SAP's HANA (high performance analytic appliance) in-memory computing engine went into general availability on Monday, giving the vendor a flashy new weapon against the likes of Oracle's Exadata data-processing machine and others in a highly competiti...
A Japanese computer has taken first place on the Top 500 supercomputer list, ending China's reign at the top after just six months. At 8.16 petaflops (quadrillion floating-point calculations per second), the K computer is more powerful than the next ...
The next edition of Java has been approved by a Java Community Process executive committee, but not without some acrimony.
The first tablets based on Intel's processor code-named Oak Trail started shipping late last week, with the initial models targeted at businesses.
Good news trickled in this week for the hardware sector, plagued by a slump in the traditional PC market, as Gartner reported that server sales rose during the first quarter and Lenovo proved that there is demand for PCs in emerging markets.
Oracle logged a small milestone in its Sun acquisition during the first quarter, expanding sales of Sun's server hardware for the first time in three-and-a-half years, IDC reported Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTChange AnalystQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW