To paraphrase, it doesn't take the most powerful nations on earth to create the next global conflict -- nope, just some skyscrapers-go-boom-now developers, channeling contemporary doomsayers.
Sony PlayStation Network users are fed up with chronic outages, corporate doublespeak, and a lack of network playtime. But their bark may be worse than their bite. A completely unscientific look at the loyalty of Sony PSN customers suggest a willingn...
The PlayStation Network wasn't hacked so much as threatened yesterday when a password exploit accessible through its PSN web page login page came to light, claims Sony.
Now that the PlayStation Network’s back, Sony’s trotting out something it's calling a "PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program," prompting cries of "too much" or "too little" in certain press channels.
In a response to a congressional inquiry into the hack of the PlayStation Network, Sony appears to have shifted the blame back to the hacktivist group Anonymous.
Not quite out of the frying pan, but into the fire anyway: Sony just acknowledged another network breach related to the first one.
Sony Japan’s explanation for the PSN’s takedown yesterday didn’t tell us much, but -- nearly a week and a half on -- at least the company apologized. Sony’s deputy president Kazuo Hirai took the stage, bent forward as if to touch his toes in a deep a...
The fleeting hour I was able to devote to Portal 2 last night, dashing through the remainder of its suddenly capacious middle chapters, proved a little better than the dull, shallow preliminary five.
Ever wondered what would happen if you crossed a Kinect with a hack of a cult classic game? An even more addictive, albeit basic, 3D game of Tetris, complete with Wiimote to move blocks around.
Almost five years after the Nintendo Wii launched, broke sales records, and revolutionized gaming with the introduction of motion-sensitive controllers, the console is slated to get a successor by E3 in June 2011.
If you're waiting for Microsoft's official do-it-yourself motion-sensing PC kit, you won't have to wait much longer. Microsoft says the Kinect for Windows software development kit (beta) will ship this spring, and they've put up a research page to pr...
Onward Angry Birds Rio, the exotic new adventures of a bunch of irate avians that just flew past 10 million downloads. If they had legs, they'd probably be dancing on the sand.
The numbers are humbling: Three studios (of five) terminated, 205 jobs simply gone. That's the damage -- substantial by any measure -- at Sony Online Entertainment, Sony's flagship online games development brand.
Poor Duke, he just can't catch a break. He's been delayed once again. Well, for a month--from May 6 back to June 14, so just after E3 2011.
It looks like Kinect's officially a record-setter, grabbing Guinness' attention long enough to snag the title 'fastest selling consumer electronics device'. According to Microsoft, their controller-free Xbox 360 motion-sensing camera has sold a whopp...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTDatawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC