Choosing the right Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider is growing increasingly difficult in a highly competitive market. Here are the top IaaS players identified by Gartner and their recommended use cases.
Gartner in pictures
A potential overheating hazard has prompted Lenovo to recall its ThinkPad X1 Carbon notebooks made from December 2016 to October 2017.
Hybrid will be the most common use of the Cloud.
IT leaders must prepare for 'wear-your-own-device' as wearables-driven consumerisation starts to take hold.
“By 2020, Gartner predicts that over half of all IoT implementations will use some form of cloud-based security service.”
There's some confusion around what the Bitcoin blockchain can and can't do. Gartner analysts list 7 common myths about Bitcoin blockchain technology.
The group trying to buy BlackBerry for US$4.7 billion will likely break up the company, wiping out its smartphone division while preserving BlackBerry's secure network services used by large enterprises. But one analyst said he hopes that's not the c...
The enterprise has gone mobile and there's no turning back. And while the BYOD movement has received plenty of attention, IT departments are getting a handle on the security risks of personal mobile devices in the workplace. The next challenge is "br...
Securing a hybrid cloud is not the same thing as deploying hybrid security products.
Businesses are eyeing a transition to Microsoft Windows 7, and with a wealth of security features that are part of it, it's worth figuring out the good and bad about each of them, says Gartner analyst Neil MacDonald, who notes in some cases, third-pa...
Most <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/010710-cios-tweet.html">CIOs</a> have started considering virtual desktop infrastructure and other types of <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/021909-desktop-virtualization-faq.html">des...
Whitepapers about Gartner
With so many Information Technology solutions available to choose from today, many organizations put their trust in the experience, insight and advice of Gartner, and their industry-leading analysts. Trend Micro’s portfolio of solutions meets and exceeds Gartner’s recommendations on how to devise a server protection strategy. Precisely how Trend Micro does it is detailed in this whitepaper. Read now.
Gaming laptops are traditionally full of compromises.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Messy decisions mar smart evolutions
- 4 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
- 5 Nokia 8.1 review: The more things change, the more they stay the same
Join the newsletter!
- Google pulls Huawei's Android license: 5 reasons not to panic (yet) if you own a Huawei phone
- FileShadow review: 100GB of free online storage plus local data backup and consolidation
- Asus ZenFone 6 hands on: Flipping the script to take on the OnePlus 7 Pro
- Optus lets a few Click Frenzy deals out of the bag early
- Six principles for robust, scalable bot development
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review
- Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?