Android's Nexus S may have just been released, but the guys over at XDA have already had their way with the device, and managed to make a permanent root for it.
Despite ongoing speculation that Android 3.0 is imminent, it looks like the next release of the mobile operating system--dubbed "Honeycomb"--will be version 2.4.
It's no surprise that iPhone and Android users are using more data today than the iPhone users of two years ago (when there were no popular Android devices). But a recent report from Arieso, a British firm that provides cellular carriers software to ...
Google is rolling out a new Android Market client over the next two weeks, a move that leaves developers with mixed feelings.
While Android's success has been well-documented, it's still hard to wrap your head around the idea that 300,000 Android phones are being activated every day.
After winning a number of significant deals with Australian telcos over the past half-decade since it entered Australia, Huawei this week flagged plans to establish itself as a consumer brand Down Under in its own right.
Google is unveiling on Monday an upgrade to its mobile platform, Android 2.3, which features refinements to the UI as well as capabilities for rich multimedia, mobile payments, and faster text input.
This morning Google unveiled the Nexus S, the latest in its self-branded line-up of Android phones, and the first device globally to ship with the new 2.3 'Gingerbread' version of its operating system. The caveat? The search giant has no plans so far...
US display giant ViewSonic has unveiled plans to shortly bring its 7" and 10" ViewPad tablet devices to Australia, inviting journalists to a launch event next week in Sydney.
Motorola has just announced the release of the first ruggedised Android smartphone, the Motorola Defy.
Not content to gobble up smartphone market share, the Android operating system is poised to capture 15 per cent of the tablet market in 2011, according to IMS Research.
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
While Apple has major momentum in the mobile application developer space, there is room for other companies to steal Apple's thunder, according to an analyst report released earlier this month.
Motorola is set to ratchet up the competition in Australia for high-end smartphones based on version 2.2 (Froyo) of the Android operating system, announcing today that its latest Milestone 2 device would be available through Vodafone and Optus in Dec...
If you’ve found yourself playing catch-up on Google Android, here’s a selection of resources from Network World and our sister publications to get you up to speed quickly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins COMPUTEX Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery ExecutiveACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTDashboard Developer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW