Can Facebook succeed where Google Glass failed?
This could be the breakthrough that pushes smart glasses into the mainstream.
When Google has said it would end its Explorer program for Glass and stop selling the current version to consumers, a few premature obituaries were written for the head-worn device.
Homer, family and friends take on everything from The Internet to Apple and Google Glass.
Google Glass has had a ripple effect throughout the enterprise world.
Can Google Glass help first responders work more effectively? Firefighters in Amsterdam want to find out, and plan to try out the wearable-of-the-moment in training scenarios and at accident scenes.
Google appears to be preparing many more features for Google Glass ahead of an eventual public launch.
Most people's knowledge of Google Glass has been informed by a comedy skit, and that's a dangerous situation. Sure, Fred Armisen's SNL portrayal of Glass is hilarious, but it's also full of gross inaccuracies that paint the headset as half-baked tech...
What’s Google Glass worth without apps that make use of its technology?
When the doors open for the Google I/O keynote on Wednesday, we're not expecting a team of Glass-wearing skydivers--that's so last year--but rather something equally stunning to remind us that Google is a hotbed of innovation. The stakes are high, an...
Google has released a getting started video for its Glass wearable computer, demonstrating some of its basic interface features.
With augmented reality (AR) being developed to take advantage of cloud, mobile, big data and social technology -- Gartner's "nexus of forces" -- is it possible AR could become a fifth component of the nexus?
The technology has been around for quite some time, but like so many other fringe smartphone features, augmented reality has yet to present itself as a must-have for consumers.
It’s been quite the month for corporate social media activity. Both Burger King and Jeep have seen their Twitter accounts hijacked, with hilarious results. Meanwhile, Google’s attempt to stir up genuine conversation around its Google Glass project sa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins COMPUTEX Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- CCImplementation Manager - DeliveryVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTP3O SpecialistACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- TPPrincipal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | QlikQLD
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Security System AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical WriterVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW