Facebook is going to pay hackers to find problems with its website -- just so long as they report them to Facebook's security team first.
Google wants the judge overseeing the lawsuit Oracle filed over the Android mobile OS to redact a potentially damaging e-mail written by a Google employee, saying it was supposed to remain confidential and that Oracle wrongly revealed it.
Google <a href="http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/2-step-verification-stay-safe-around.html">said Thursday</a> that it has rolled out its two-step authentication sign-in system to 40 languages across over 150 countries.
Google has developed a hosted service that analyzes Web pages, rewrites their code to make them perform better and serves them up from Google servers.
The U.S. Department of Justice has asked Google for more information on its proposed acquisition of display advertising optimization firm, Admeld, Google said on Wednesday.
Where are the users? That's what popular websites including Yahoo, Google and Facebook are asking the Internet engineering community when they are questioned about their long-range plans to deploy IPv6.
After weeks of explosive growth, the Google+ social networking site saw its traffic and usage drop last week, according to Hitwise.
Google yesterday updated Chrome to work better in Apple's Lion, adding support for the operating system's default two-fingered page-swiping gesture.
Google already allows Gmail users to exchange chat messages with mobile phone users via SMS in 23 countries worldwide, but now French mobile phone operator Orange wants to help the search giant extend the service across Africa and the Middle East.
Google has improved its +1 button to make it load and perform faster on Web pages that feature it.
SAP is planning to connect its analytics software with Google's Maps and Earth software, allowing users to mine insights from plotting business data against locations around the world, the companies announced Wednesday.
Mozilla, the makers of the Firefox browser, hopes to revolutionize the modern operating system with Boot to Gecko, a universal-platform OS primary aimed at mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets that could theoretically drive futuristic deskt...
Faceboook.com is the domain to have (count the 'o's) if phishing scams are your game. That's because it's the most popular mistyped entry into a browser URL bar, according to data collected and analyzed by Chris Finke from his browser add-on, URL Fix...
A Mac security firm today criticized Microsoft for warning Mac users of new malware, saying that the threat simply wasn't worth mentioning.
Google has heard the public outcry about its name restrictions and the way it killed off many Google+ user accounts and is working fast to fix the problem.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's excellent C920 webcam is just $50 today
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
- Sennheiser GSP 350 review: A gaming headset that sounds a lot better than it looks
- Sennheiser Game Zero review: This headset's sound quality justifies its price
- Acer's gorgeous 35-inch UW-QHD curved monitor is available for preorder at $1,100
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTOAM Specialist | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCPega DeveloperQLD
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD