The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward new regulations requiring Internet service providers to get customer permission before using or sharing their Web-surfing history and most other personal information.
A public beta of the federal government’s Digital Marketplace is due to launch before the end of 2016.
Shadow Communications Minister, Jason Clare, has slammed the Liberal Party’s takeover of the National Broadband Network following new research showing a substantial drop in world rankings for average peak connection speed.
Telecommunications company, TPG is now offering NBN business bundles targeted at the small business market.
The federal government has announced the first stage of a new online digital marketplace that will enable start-ups to access its $5 billion annual spend on ICT projects.
The Prime Minister’s office has issued an innovation statement, noting a $9.7 billion government investment into research and development across CSIRO, government agencies, the business and higher education sectors.
A fresh analysis of documents disclosed by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden shows that AT&T has been a much closer and eager partner for the National Security Agency's Internet spying activities than was previously known.
Smartphone users might be better off seeing a doctor than relying on a family of mobile apps to diagnose whether moles on their skin are cancerous.
It's possible for companies to design their encryption systems to allow law enforcement agencies to access customer data with court-ordered warrants while still offering solid security, U.S. Department of Justice officials said.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has charged 32 defendants with fraud in an international scheme that used stolen, yet-to-be-published press releases from hacked websites to conduct stock trades.
Twitter has seen an increase in government demands for account information in the first half of this year, with the U.S. followed by Japan topping the list for such requests.
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
Computer science and engineering students at Drexel University will have a new opportunity to use their skills for good with the launch of a technology program for promoting world peace.
The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTLean Six Sigma - BPE Design LeadOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- TPAgile Senior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTReporting Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- CCSAP MM Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- FTAdministration Support Officers - APS 5/6ACT
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Node.js DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA