Drones that fly out to inspect powerlines -- and then recharge themselves by attaching to those same lines -- is among the ideas that could come to life thanks to a new research fund launched Tuesday.
Green data center
Facebook is building a new datacentre in Fort Worth, Texas, that will be powered entirely by renewable energy.
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
One of the founders of Facebook's Open Compute Project has launched a new company that aims to cut the cost of running data centers using "community-based analytics."
Apple plans to open two European data centers running on renewable energy in 2017, following similar moves by Google and Facebook in the region.
Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A9 Speaker
Samsung QLED 8K TV
Ballistix Sport AT
Cartier Calibre de Cartier Diver Watch
Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 3000
Apple iMac Pro
Toys for Boys
Nix Pro Colour Sensor
Oregon Pro WMR500 Weather Station
ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac
Little Bits DROID Inventor Kit
Tivoli PAL BT
ESET Smart Security Premium
ESET Internet Security
Osmo Coding Awbie Game
SmartLens - Clip on Phone Camera Lens Set of 3
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
Naztech Xtra Drive Mini + 256GB microSD Card
TimeFlip Magnet Simple Time Tracking Device
Ikea RIGGAD work lamp with wireless charging
There are countless trends competing for attention in the gaming notebook and laptop space but not all of them are either useful or benefit the core gaming experience.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R17 Pro review: Oppo's thriftiest flagship yet drives a hard bargain
- 2 Tenda Nova MW6 review: A gateway drug for mesh Wi-Fi
- 3 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 4 Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- 5 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
Join the newsletter!
- After another massive Google+ data breach, you should probably delete your profile right now
- The new Samsung A8s could be our first look at the Galaxy S10's 'hole-punch' display
- Giveaway: Win a pair of Razer Nari Ultimate headphones!
- Intel vs. Snapdragon: We test HP's Envy x2 with both on speed, battery life and more
- Whirlwind FX VortX review: The PC's first "environmental simulator" is just hot air for now
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?