Data center power usage is soaring -- the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates that data center energy requirements will double in the next five years. To address that surge in energy use, some companies are turning to alternative sources o...
Julian Kudritzki has more visibility than most into how the Uptime Institute's data center tier system is being used around the world, and according to him it's become a useful tool to help businesses find a reliable hosting provider for their applic...
Cisco Systems launched its first containerized data center on Monday, coming late to the party but offering some unique management features that could help set it apart from other vendors.
Google has invested in a wind farm in Oklahoma to help offset the environmental impact of its data centers, even as Greenpeace stepped up its criticism of big Internet companies for using "dirty power" that contributes to global warming.
In data center upgrade planning, backup power is often among the last considerations and the first budget item redlined. Many companies purchase an uninterruptible power system (UPS) only as they add equipment -- what we call a segmented approach. Be...
Facebook's start-up days are long behind it.
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday announced a new portfolio of services to determine and implement ways to cut energy costs and carbon emissions across organizations.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Hewlett-Packard wants to manage the construction phase of its clients' data center projects, hoping to expand its revenue from this area and, it says, help customers complete projects more quickly and for as much as 30 per cent lower cost.
Microsoft has asked Intel to develop a 16-core version of its low-power Atom chip for use in servers, part of a wider effort to reduce power consumption in its massive data centers, a Microsoft executive said Thursday.
BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT, has today launched an accreditation for energy efficient data centres.
A new report has added further to the debate as to whether cloud computing is a greener approach to running data centres. A survey by Pike Research has indicated that the energy savings of cloud computing are "substantial".
SGI has launched a modular data center that uses outside air instead of chilled water to cool the IT gear inside, making it highly energy efficient, the company said Monday.
The Green Grid consortium, which developed the widely used PUE metric for measuring energy efficiency in data centers, is developing two more metrics to address carbon emissions and water usage, it said Thursday.
While China can take pride in topping the list of the world's most powerful supercomputers, IBM has been given another recognition: building the world's most energy-efficient supercomputer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Join the newsletter!
- Seagate and Baidu sign strategic cooperation agreement for big data analysis
- Moto E4: Full, in-depth review
- Belkin introduces 3.5mm Audio + Charge Rockstar compatible with new iPhone range
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- Microsoft 365 recasts Windows 10 S laptops as inexpensive corporate machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Marketing SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTSenior Network Consultant / Junior ArchitectVIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerSA
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceVIC
- FTPrint Sales Manager - Geelong basedOther
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- TPAudio Visual Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior System Administrator - UNIXVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCJira AdministratorNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTTransition/ Transformation ExecutiveVIC
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD
- FTIT Governance Manager- North of NSW - ArmidaleOther