Google doubled the bounty it will pay for a successful exploit of its Chromebook laptop to US$100,000, sweetening the pot in hopes of drawing more attention from security researchers.
As if being unemployed isn't bad enough, 210,000 unemployed residents of Massachusetts may have had personal data about them stolen from the state agency that is supposed to be helping them out.
Hackers broke into a server used by the Apache Software Foundation to keep track of software bugs.
A popular Twitter application used to measure the influence of Twitter users has been hacked and used to send spam messages.
The TOR Project is advising users to upgrade to a new version of the software following a hack that compromised three of its servers.
Whitepapers about hack
Despite analysts and the media turning their attention to multi-factor authentication and biometrics, passwords are still one of the most important authentication methods. This paper discusses potential password policies. · We’re keen to move beyond passwords because they’re insecure or they waste time, and security can suffer because users have poor password hygiene · Anecdotal evidence suggests that between one-sixth and one-third of all help desk calls still focus on passwords · According to Gartner, calls for basic password resets can constitute 20% or more of calls to the average service desk
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P30 review: How badly do you need a headphone jack?
- 2 Moto G7 Plus review: Better where it counts
- 3 Nokia 9 PureView review: A flawed, ambitious, endearing flagship
- 4 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 5 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
Join the newsletter!
- Bose Sleepbuds review: Expensive, experimental, endearing
- Alcatel deal out a trio of dirt-cheap smartphones
- DisplayPort 2.0 launches, promising 8K video support by late 2020
- Verizon’s $40-a-month Visible service is lifting its 5Mbps speed cap to welcome the Google Pixel 3a
- Oppo announces the ultimate notch killer: an under-screen selfie cam
PCW Evaluation Team
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Everything you need to know before you buy a 5G phone in Australia
- Huawei P30 Pro: Full, in-depth review
- Computex 2019
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?