Hitachi became the latest vendor to offer a 2TB hard drive for desktops on Thursday, but the equivalent for laptops may still be some way off.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Inc. <a href="http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/products/deskstar/7K2000/">announced today</a> that it is shipping what it said is the world's first 2TB, 7200 RPM hard disk drive, the Deskstar 7K2000.
Western Digital Corp. today unveiled what it said is the industry's highest capacity 2.5-inch mobile hard disk drive, the 1TB WD Scorpio Blue.
Samsung is thought to have stopped production of 1.8in hard disk drives (HDD) in favour of solid state drives (SSD).
Western Digital Corp. today released its biggest consumer external hard-disk drive targeted at Mac users with a whopping 4TB of capacity.
Other World Computing (OWC) today released its highest capacity, fastest, bus-powered portable external drive, the Mercury On-The-Go Pro, which offers up to 500GB capacity and up to 100MB/sec data transfer speeds.
Toshiba and Fujitsu have signed a provisional agreement under which Toshiba will acquire Fujitsu's loss-making hard-disk drive business.
A New York computer forensics firm found that 40 percent of the hard disk drives it recently purchased in bulk orders from eBay contained personal, private and sensitive information -- everything from corporate financial data to the Web-surfing histo...
Fujitsu plans to end production of read/write heads for hard-disk drives as part of a wider review of its HDD business, it said Tuesday.
Seagate will issue fixes soon for faulty firmware that is causing several models of the company's hard drives to freeze, it said Wednesday.
Seagate's <a href="http://forums.seagate.com/stx/board/message?board.id=ata_drives&thread.id=3668&view=by_date_ascending&page=1"> online support forum </a> has been riddled this week with complaints from owners of the 1.5TB Barracuda 7200...
Seagate is now shipping its densest desktop hard drive, the Barracuda 7200.12, which offers 1TB of capacity on two disks. The drive is a 3.5-in. disk that spins at 7,200 rpm and has an areal density of 329 gigabits per square inch. Seagate said it ex...
Seagate on Wednesday said it has fixed a bug affecting some Seagate Barracuda hard drives that caused applications to pause.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manger - Global MarketsVIC
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Medical ImagingQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC