Yahoo and Benchmark Capital have founded a company tasked with advancing the open source Hadoop software framework for applications that manage massive amounts of data.
After a short delay, Acer has started shipping its AC700 laptop with Google's Chrome OS in the U.S., priced at US$349.
Oracle is hoping to convince independent software vendors to certify and run their products on its high-end Exadata and Exalogic appliances through a program called Exastack, the company announced Tuesday.
Sony has followed Apple's example and included proprietary data transfer technology based on Intel's Light Peak interconnect in its latest Vaio Z Series laptop, which was announced earlier this week.
Apple's iPad owns the tablet market, according to a new study of Internet traffic in the U.S., but that doesn't mean the competition is going away.
HP plans to expand its manufacturing base in Shanghai and build a regional China headquarters in the city as part of the company's efforts to grow in a country expected to become the world's largest PC market.
Addressing some of the chief problems faced by mainframe operators today, CA Technologies has updated its stack of mainframe management software to help cut costs and simplify management.
More than a year after its introduction, Apple's iPad continues to dominate a tablet market that has grown crowded with a variety of would-be rivals. Most of these are Android tablets like Samsung's Galaxy Tab and Motorola's Xoom. (The Xoom became th...
Intel hopes to make it easier for developers to make money by pushing a subscription model to sell applications through its tablet and netbook application store, a company executive said this week.
After delays, Cisco's Cius tablet will start shipping in volume next month, and the device will be one of the first available running Intel's latest Atom chip code-named Moorestown.
Oracle's net income for the fourth quarter ended May 31 rose 36 percent to US$3.2 billion over the same period last year, results that reflect growth in software sales but a slight dip in hardware revenue, the company reported Thursday. Total revenu...
New legislation in the U.S. Congress would prohibit U.S. companies from exporting hazardous electronic waste to developing nations where some computers, monitors and electronic devices are recycled in primitive conditions.
A 26-year-old man who last year helped hackers publish personal information belonging to about 120,000 iPad users pleaded guilty to fraud and hacking charges in a New Jersey court Thursday.
A downloadable application discovery resource for Hewlett-Packard's upcoming TouchPad tablet will help grow the webOS developer community, the company said Thursday.
You'd be forgiven for thinking that Amazon had turned into Apple, because for months the rumor mill has been going wild with chatter of an Amazon tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Power surge at British Airways data center causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-BathurstNSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Support EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW