Health care workers in the developing world are using mobile phones to address critical health needs ranging from maternal mortality to HIV testing to clean water. Here are 10 examples of mobile health around the world.
health care in pictures
IBM plans to buy Merge Healthcare in a $1 billion deal that promises to bring new image-focused capabilities to its Watson Health platform.
Pharmacists at some 7,800 CVS drugstores across the U.S. will soon be able to tap IBM's Watson cognitive computing system in the hopes of predicting customers' health problems before they arise.
A group has been singled out as the attacker behind the recently disclosed hack against Anthem, believed to be the largest waged against a health care company.
Wearable devices could be key to improving health, caring for patients with chronic diseases and understanding the impact of treatments. But there's one snag: how do you get people to wear them?
Doctors find little value in the way activity data from patients' wearables is presented to them today.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Nearly a decade after research firms predicted major cost savings and clinical benefits from the use of health-IT, adoption rates among U.S. medical providers remain sluggish, with the industry slow to embrace the big-data movement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Join the newsletter!
- Fujifilm Introduces Two High Performance Cinema Lenses for its Mirrorless Digital Camera X Series Range
- Which Intel Core CPU is the best? How do I decide between a Core i3, i5, i7 or i9?
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition review: A classic remastered, but not remade
- RMIT Launches Developing Blockchain Strategy Course
- Logitech try to reinvent the keyboard experience with Logitech CRAFT
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solution Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCLead Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTL&D Developer - Trainer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- FTPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)QLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Business EfficienciesOther
- FTAEM/Jave DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- TPSenior Frontend Developer - ReactNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- TPTechnical Support OfficerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User Computing - MobilityOther
- FTJava DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Designer l MPLS, ISP, Data Centre design and migrationNSW