Health care workers in the developing world are using mobile phones to address critical health needs ranging from maternal mortality to HIV testing to clean water. Here are 10 examples of mobile health around the world.
health care in pictures
IBM plans to buy Merge Healthcare in a $1 billion deal that promises to bring new image-focused capabilities to its Watson Health platform.
Pharmacists at some 7,800 CVS drugstores across the U.S. will soon be able to tap IBM's Watson cognitive computing system in the hopes of predicting customers' health problems before they arise.
A group has been singled out as the attacker behind the recently disclosed hack against Anthem, believed to be the largest waged against a health care company.
Wearable devices could be key to improving health, caring for patients with chronic diseases and understanding the impact of treatments. But there's one snag: how do you get people to wear them?
Doctors find little value in the way activity data from patients' wearables is presented to them today.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
More than a month after it went live, a couple of large questions remain about the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' botched launch of HealthCare.gov.
Nearly a decade after research firms predicted major cost savings and clinical benefits from the use of health-IT, adoption rates among U.S. medical providers remain sluggish, with the industry slow to embrace the big-data movement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS with out patching
- PNY GTX 1080 Ti XLR8 OC review: A gorgeous graphics card with great value
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- The critical importance of STEAM education
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- FTCRM DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- CCJunior Network Data Analyst - Telco - GISVIC
- CCMultiple Front End Developers | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js | Knockout |QLD
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Automation Test Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW