U.K. regulators have closed their investigation into Hewlett-Packard's botched acquisition of Autonomy, a British software company that HP has accused of inflating its value and of improper accounting.
Curved displays may be a fad in TVs, but they could stick around longer in computer monitors.
Hewlett-Packard is launching an assault on low-cost Chrome desktops with an inexpensive Stream mini-PC running Windows 8.1.
Holographic imaging meets virtual reality in HP's futuristic Zvr display, which bring new levels of 3D interactivity not yet seen in monitors.
The settlement between Hewlett-Packard and shareholders of a lawsuit centering on the 2012 botched Autonomy acquisition hit a snag late Friday, when a federal judge rejected HP's proposal for being too broad, potentially releasing the company from po...
Blowing up entrenched business models and picking up the profits that spill onto the floor is a time-honored tradition in tech, these days known by the cliche of the moment, "disruption." Here are our picks for the top stories of a very, well, disru...
Autonomy founder Mike Lynch says he has obtained a Hewlett-Packard document that shows how differences in accounting standards, not fraud on Autonomy's part, are to blame for the debacle surrounding HP's acquisition of the company.
The increasing need for real-time analytics has helped buoy server sales to enterprises in a weak global economy, but most of the growth during the third quarter came from Web giants that are building their own hardware.
Microsoft's Windows 10 is still in testing, but hardware makers can't wait for the day the OS replaces the controversial Windows 8.
The pool of online data analysis services available for corporate users is about to grow larger, with HP set to offer two of its own, key products as hosted cloud services by early next year.
Hewlett-Packard isn't making bones about the fact that the Unix OS market is in decline, but the company believes its HP-UX has a long life ahead for customers using its fault-tolerant servers.
Thieves might regret stealing Hewlett-Packard's ultrathin Elitebook Folio 1020 laptops, which have a feature that turns them into nothing more than paperweights in case of theft.
Breaking up Hewlett-Packard is "totally the right thing to do for this company," CEO Meg Whitman said on Tuesday, after HP reported declines in revenue and profit for the last quarter.
Bringing some enterprise rigor to the wild world of big data, Hewlett-Packard has issued a package that will allow organizations to harness HP's Vertica analytical database engine to investigate reams of unstructured data residing in Hadoop systems.
Once a seething cauldron of competition, the twice-yearly Top500 listing of the world's most powerful supercomputers has grown nearly stagnant of late.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTJunior Administration AssistantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- FTJunior - Mid Level Application Support ConsultantQLD
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTResearch Officer / Data Scientist .Work Location- ACTACT
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (Cisco ASA) - Professional Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolution DesignerNSW