A safety system that ties cars and smartphones together to stop those heart-stopping near misses between cars and pedestrians could be standardized by the end of this year.
Facebook prevails in IPO lawsuit... Jeep hack prompts recall of 1.4 million vehicles... Kill switch isn't killing phone theft... and more tech news
As I climbed into the Honda Pilot SUV, I didn't have high hopes.
Japan has robot chops aplenty. Honda has the world's most sophisticated humanoid robot, Japanese industrial robot makers are among the best, and the country's space agency landed a robot probe on a speeding asteroid and returned samples to Earth.
Honda is enhancing its smart car technology with a system that can detect pedestrians and nearby vehicles.
Sandwiched between the IFA and CES electronics trade shows, Japan's Ceatec is fighting to stay relevant. But while the number of vendors at this year's Ceatec was down to 547 from 587 last year, with the notable absence of Sony, there was no shortage...
Amazon made headlines this month when it sought permission from the U.S. government to test its drone-based delivery service, but it's far from the only company that's applied for such approval.
Allowing drivers to access more mobile phone apps on a dashboard display while at the wheel sounds like a recipe for disaster -- but at Mobile World Congress members of the Car Connectivity Consortium showed how they plan to do this while limiting di...
Google has teamed up with several auto manufacturers on Monday with the goal of bringing Android to cars by the end of this year.
Honda will begin tests next year of a small electric vehicle that uses a driver's tablet for displaying dashboard readings, audio, navigation and images from its rearview camera, it said Tuesday.
Honda Canada has issued a warning that a data breach exposed the personal data of an unspecified number of customers.
Honda Australia announced today that its new Insight VTi-L hybrid car will come with live traffic updates thanks to a partnership with Intelematics Australia.
Originally, .co was just the Internet country code for Colombia. But now it's becoming a popular top-level domain for major global brands such as BMW, Canon, Honda, Nike, Nokia, Pfizer, Sony and Visa.
The research wing of Honda Motor has co-developed a brain machine interface (BMI) system that allows a person to control a robot through thought alone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- PTThe job "Project Manager" is now ExpiredNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence and Analytic Solution DesignersACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperVIC
- CCData Scientists - MultipleACT
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCProcess Improvement AnalystVIC
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPIT Program ManagerNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FT.NET Web DeveloperSA
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analyst - BIQLD