A merged Hewlett-Packard and Palm will have a long way to go before it can challenge the likes of Nokia, Apple, Research In Motion (RIM) and HTC in the European market, according to analysts.
It was made public to the world by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer himself but an unconfirmed report now says that HP is ditching Windows 7 from its high-profile but unreleased Slate tablet computer.
Users on Palm blogs were generally euphoric about Wednesday's announcement that HP will buy the struggling smartphone maker in a deal worth US$1.2 billion. But there were skeptics, who offered cautions and raised concerns, ranging from HP's deftness ...
If history can help predict the future, then Hewlett-Packard has a good shot at aptly digesting Palm, analysts say.
Hewlett-Packard's purchase of Palm could redefine the PC maker's mobile OS strategy, potentially impacting the company's reliance on Microsoft operating systems.
Ah, the heady days of the late 1990s, when every dot-com stock was a guaranteed winner and when every day trader worth his salt carried around a Palm Pilot personal to keep track of all their information.
HP's purchase of Palm could not only save webOS, but should also cause a few shivers for Microsoft.
A Hewlett-Packard netbook with Intel's upcoming Atom N455 processor is available for pre-order on a German Web site ahead of the chip's official launch.
Hewlett-Packard plans to buy struggling phone maker Palm for US$1.2 billion.
Hewlett-Packard has unveiled some major updates to its Integrity line of Itanium-based servers, including a new edition of its top-end Superdome system based on HP's blade server architecture.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its Network Node Manager software, released Monday, to include performance management and virtualization support.
Hewlett-Packard is gearing up for a major refresh of its Integrity server line, an important step for customers using those systems and also for the future of Intel's high-end Itanium processor.
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday added mobile printing to its enterprise services offerings, giving BlackBerry users a new way to print documents on the go.
A new cloud storage company is launching with software designed to ease deployments with platforms such as Amazon's Simple Storage Service and EMC's Atmos Online.
HP Monday said it has no plans to kill off any existing HP or 3Com networking products, but did not rule out such a move in the future.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Newegg's selling a 35-inch 2560x1080 curved monitor for $449 today
- Harman Kardon Invoke hands-on: Cortana enters the smart speaker market with a boom
- iPhone 8 Plus vs. LG G6: Which has the best camera in a smartphone?
- Logitech G703 review: A mainstream wireless mouse with some exceptional features
- Logitech G903 review: The best wireless mouse that (lots of) money can buy
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- FTEAI DeveloperVIC
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- FTAWS Data ArchitectsOther
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- FTScheduling Specialist - Must have baseline or NV1Other
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- FTChange Manager (Organisational)Other
- FTETL DeveloperACT
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- FTProgram Director - Financial ServicesOther
- FTOracle Developer / EngineerACT
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)ACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther