Starting in mid-November, countries and territories will be able to apply to show domain names in their native language, a major technical tweak to the Internet designed to increase language accessibility.
The debate has become heated at the ICANN meeting in Seoul this week over whether new generic Top-Level Domains should be approved and whether some applicants should be allowed into the fast-track process.
A new agreement between the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and the U.S. Department of Commerce that creates international oversight of the nonprofit operator of the Internet's domain name system may not provide enough acc...
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has reached a new agreement with the U.S. Department of Commerce allowing the nonprofit greater independence, while giving more countries oversight of the organization.
A longtime agreement in which the U.S. Department of Commerce has oversight of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is due to expire Wednesday, but that may not be the end of the relationship.
Several U.S. lawmakers urged the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) to back off on a plan to offer an unlimited number of new generic top-level domains until concerns about trademark protections and other issues can be addres...
The entity in charge of the Internet's addressing system is declaring victory over an abusive trend in registering domain names.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is hosting two meetings this week -- one in New York City and the other in London -- to discuss the trademark and cybersecurity issues surrounding its plan to introduce hundreds of new t...
Internet policymakers are forging ahead with a controversial plan to introduce hundreds of generic top-level domains -- such as .nyc, .sport and .food -- next year.
Plans to introduce new top-level Internet domains will not force trademark owners to make defensive registrations to protect their brands, according to two reports published by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) on Saturd...
Viviane Reding, the European commissioner for Internet-related issues, called Monday for a new multilateral approach to Internet governance once the current system expires at the end of September.
Web sites written in Russian, Korean and other non-ASCII characters soon will be able to have their addresses displayed in the same language.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has delayed its plans to sell new generic top-level domains in an effort to respond to public comments about the controversial proposal.
The overseer of the Internet's addressing system is soliciting ideas for how to fix a problem that is enabling spammers and fraudulent Web sites to flourish.
Some Internet-based businesses in the US would support the splitting of the domain-name governance system instead of allowing an agreement between the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and the US government to end later this...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS without patching
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTData Analytics & Visualisation Analyst - SQL, TABLEAU, VBAOther
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- TP.Net Developer - Australian Government ICT ContractorACT
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator - ITOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCGen System AnalystNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC