A data service outage affecting some BlackBerry users nationally this week seems to have left them angry but not deeply concerned about the future of BlackBerry's parent, Research in Motion Ltd.
CIOs and IT directors expect spending on staff in their datacentres to dramatically outstrip the overall growth in IT expenditure this year, according to ComputerworldUK's sister analyst group IDC.
With a promise of better performance, lower total cost of ownership, and optimum features for virtualization, IT solutions vendor IBM today announced the launch of its new IBM Power7 system servers, which builds on the successes of its predecessor.
Nokia and Apple were the big winners as the sale of mobile phones rebounded during the fourth quarter. Consumers, meanwhile, stand to get more choice and better value for money as competition heats up, especially in the smartphone segment.
Worldwide PC shipments soared during the fourth quarter, driven by historically low PC prices and an increased demand for laptops and netbooks, analyst firm IDC said Wednesday
PC shipments worldwide will grow by double digits on a yearly basis through 2013, buoyed by increased commercial spending and growing demand for portable PCs like laptops and netbooks, IDC said in a study issued on Wednesday.
Server and storage vendors suffered painful revenue declines throughout 2009, but the IT hardware markets are starting to show signs of life and are in position for a small rebound in 2010.
Unsurprisingly, cloud computing tops IDCs' 2010 technology predictions after a year where it was hyped and pushed and almost bludgeoned into the mindsets of IT professionals across the industry. While coming a close second was business analytics, whi...
The growing demand for online applications could push the number of mobile devices accessing the Internet past 1 billion by 2013, IDC said in a survey issued on Wednesday.
While total 2009 server sales still remain below last year's totals, IDC's quarterly tracker report released today indicates that worldwide demand for the systems among enterprise customers may finally be increasing.
The separation of Telstra presents a once in a decade opportunity for its shareholders according to IDC telecommunications analyst David Cannon.
Global online advertising spending fell slightly in the third quarter, but there are signs that the market may be recovering and could start growing again soon, according to IDC.
In good news for the semiconductor industry, IDC today reported that worldwide computer chip shipments skyrocketed in the third quarter.
Intel's Atom processor, which is used in netbooks, helped PC microprocessor makers sell record numbers of chips during the third quarter, although the overall value of the market fell, according to market researcher IDC.
Juniper Networks' wide-ranging announcements last week, billed as the most significant since its founding in 1996, included a sweeping array of software, silicon, systems and partnerships designed to take the company and its customers into the next d...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTPlatform/DevOps EngineerOther
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTUnix/Linux Engineer | 6mth ContractOther
- CCProcess AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTRecruitment Consultant - Major AccountsOther
- CCC# Web API EngineerNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTData Analytics & Visualisation Analyst - SQL, TABLEAU, VBAOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- TPProcurement Specialist - ITQLD
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Siebel - Canberra / MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- CCMultiple Project Coordinators - TelcoVIC