As promised more than a month ago, Microsoft began pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises yesterday via Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Internet Explorer 8 blocked about four out of every five sites that attempt to trick visitors into downloading malicious software in browser security tests performed by NSS Labs.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) again trounced rival browsers in a test of their malware-blocking abilities, catching 81% of attack code-infected sites, according to a testing company.
Microsoft on Thursday bowed to critics involved in the company's European antitrust case who have accused it of silently changing users' default browsers, a move that may be aimed at Brussels-based regulators.
Opera Software, the Norwegian browser maker that sparked an antitrust investigation into Microsoft business practices in Europe, remains dissatisfied with its rival's move to dump IE8 from Windows 7.
For the second time in six weeks, Microsoft today confirmed that hackers are exploiting an unpatched bug in DirectX, this time by attacking Internet Explorer (IE).
An online ad for Internet Explorer 8 that showed a woman projectile vomiting has left such a bad taste in viewers' mouths that Microsoft has decided to remove it.
Microsoft will begin pushing Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to enterprises next month, the company announced this week.
Microsoft will offer European customers an "Internet Pack" that includes IE8 when they buy a retail copy of Windows 7, which will be sold sans browser, the company said late last week.
The European Union's antitrust case against Microsoft Corp. over Internet Explorer could be a nightmare for small- and medium-sized computer makers and set a dangerous precedent, a longtime trade group ally of Microsoft argued today.
Microsoft on Thursday said it had canceled an oral hearing set for early next month over EU antitrust allegations that it "shields" Internet Explorer (IE) from competition, saying that senior regulators won't be attending.
Browser makers Mozilla and Opera accused Microsoft Thursday of force feeding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to users with Windows Update and silently changing the default browser on PCs.
As the browser wars have heated up again, so have complaints that Microsoft is once again unfairly leveraging its Windows OS - this time Windows 7 - to promote its Internet Explorer browser.
Mozilla's developers have announced plans to add application multi-threading to Firefox over the next two years, a feature already partially enabled in its main rivals, IE8 and Google Chrome.
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- AMD Ryzen and Threadripper CPUs get massive price drops ahead of Black Friday deals
- HPE pushes toward autonomous data center with InfoSight AI recommendation engine
- Amazon Kindle Oasis 2017 review: The ultimate ereader adds audiobooks and a waterproof case
- Dell XPS 13 (2017) review: Intel's 8th-gen CPU makes a great laptop even greater
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mighiest rigs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperACT
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- TPSenior Developer/Technical AnalystNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTProject Manager -Accommodation Program-Fit-out, RelocationOther
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperOther
- FTAsset and Configuration ManagerSA
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- TPieMR Program Director - Gold CoastQLD
- TPPrincipal PO|PI DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Engineer, Operational Infrastructure & TelcoOther
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC